Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Deletion of Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a problem in moving newly created roles from Development to QA.

When I check the transport logs it says the transport has failed because of the profile mismatch in the roles.But I checked the role, the profile is fine and the role is properly generated.

So we had raised an OSS message for the same issue and got the following response from SAP:

'indeed it appears that the profile name is the reason - names

should not be >10 characters for a profile.

Please try the following solution:

1- Delete profile in target system (==>cleanup USR10)

2- Delete profile in source system.(==>cleanup USR10)

3- Generate profile in source system.(==>creation of correct entries)

4- Transport role again.

5- Check usr10 in targetsystem if after this the profiles are correct.'

Now the issue on the above steps is,there are about 2000 roles for which the profile has to be deleted and regenerated again.

Is there a easier way to mass delete only the profiles and regenerating them.

Thanks,

Arjun

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

If we look at it logically - i feel that the issue you face is because roles were included in a transport request and at-least one of the roles was deleted and re-created creating a new profile name. and this new role creation is not included in the transport for the second time.

so i think the system checks the transport has a roleA with profile T-XXXXXXX and when a simialr match of the role is found it finds the profile name to be T-XXYYYYY

I dont see any aparent reason on why the role name should be limited to 10 characters. How would we explain the existence of a role like SAP_AUDITOR_BA_EXPORT_DATA, you can as well copy this role with a extra character and generate it and transport it without hassles.

An other point: There are instances when we had created roles in the test or production environment, it generates a different profile name. When we create the same role in Dev system and transport it, it overwrites the role in test/production and the profile name would be in sync with what you have in the development system. I am not convinced with the idea of cleaning the USR10 in the target system - could be a good thing to do for a different reason but i dont think it is needed in your case.

Try creating a new transport with the roles you have and release it, it should solve the problem

atleast i hope it solves

Hi,

The Problem here is SAP automatically generates the profile name for a role with more than 10 characters,which is a bit surprising.

For example.If you go to the PFCG and see the profile name of the role it is T-B1841403 and if you go to table AGR_1016 it shows T-B18414035 for the same role.

SAP has given us a work around,but since we have a large number of roles to work with,is there any way to do mass deletion of the profiles and re generate them.

Thanks,

Arjun

0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> The Problem here is SAP automatically generates the profile name for a role with more than 10 characters,which is a bit surprising.

I dont remember the exact number, but i am sure i read somewhere that SAP has a defined number of authorizations you can have in a profile.

> For example.If you go to the PFCG and see the profile name of the role it is T-B1841403 and if you go to table AGR_1016 it shows T-B18414035 for the same role.

when the numberof authorizations in a role have exceeded the pre-defined number, SAP automatically generates more than 1 profile name, the profile name in the role would be of 10 characters, and in the table you might find 11 caharacters or 12 (thats the maximum) depending on the size of the role

> SAP has given us a work around,but since we have a large number of roles to work with,is there any way to do mass deletion of the profiles and re generate them.

I dont have immediate ideas for deletion, maybe i can check if there are some standard options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend first to delete few roles / profiles and try transporting them to quality. If it works then you create a ECATT script for deleting all of them one by one. The transaction SU02 can be used for ECATT'S. Also the role name is not restricted to 10 characters. The maximum length of the role name is 30 characters. Where as max length of profile name is 12 characters. Sekhar above explained the reason for why it is 10-12 characters.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a function module SUPRN_DELETE_PROFILE which you can use to delete profile. So it should not take more than 30mins to write a report which will read/select list of roles and delete corresponding profiles. I tested it and after deleting profile you will see message "Current version not generated" in PFCG. But the name of the profile stays same.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.