cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning SAP EP 7.0 with IBM Tivoli Identity Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to provision SAP Enterprise Portal 7.0 users using ITIM. SAP EP 6.0 has a agent for provisioning which is certified by both SAP and Tivoli for provisioning. Does ITIM has a similar agent for provisioning users for SAP EP 7.0? Please send me the link for following query.

Thanks

Puja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Puja,

User Management in SAP NetWeaver (such as Enterprise Portal) is managed by the UME which is part of the NetWeaver J2EE application server. The UME connects to user stores using LDAP.

What exactly are you looking for?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I wanted to know if we can integrate IBM Tivoli Identity Manager with SAP EP 7.0 for User Provisioning. For SAP EP 6.0 we can, there is an agent available by IBM that is used by IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM) to manage users. I am not sure if that agent uses UME API's to manage it. Is Similar agent available for 7.0 from IBM yet? As far as I know, IBM has still not released it. We wanted to provide IdM solution to SAP portal and since other applications are also being managed centrally by ITIM, we wanted similar approach for SAP Portal also.

Regards,

Puja