cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Conversion Agent for PI 7.1 EHP 1 and Windows 2008 Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have read that some people were able to run SAP Conversion Agent on a PI 7.1 EHP1 Installation on Windows 2008 Sever. But in the Product Availability Matrix there is no support for 2008 yet.

In the SAP Library (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/43/fc39c16bfb025ee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm) under the release notes for SAP Conversion Agent there is still version 8.5, but when I install the actual Support Package I have Conversion Agent 8.6 running and according to information on the informatica.com site this version is running under 2008!

Has anybody clear and actual information about which OS the newest SAP Conversion Agent for PI 7.1 EHP1 supports? Or has anyone experiance on Conversion Agent and Windows 2008 Server?

Thanks

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Firstly, I don't have any direct experience of this. Check note #894815 FAQ: NetWeaver Conversion Agent by Itemfield.

If this does not answer your query, you can raise a support ticket in component area XX-PART-ITEM.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply! Fact is that in the actual Package (SP06) the version of Conversion Agent Engine supplied is not 8.5.5 as in the SAP Note mentioned, it is version 8.6.0:

C:\Documents and Settings\pi1adm>CM_console -v

Engine-Version: 8.6.0(Build:30)

Engine-Syntaxversion:4.00.10

I will oben a ticket for that ...

Regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Did you manage to install Conversion Agent on Windows Server 2008?

The installation challenges to Windows server 2008 that we have seen so far display behaviour of unsupported platform. Would much appreciate any feedback from your experience.

Best Regards,

Wi