cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Vertical Line in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to draw a vertical line in the main window from where the line items in the main table start and the line would extend upto the footer of the page. In the main window I have 2 tables one for the Header texts( Prints the Header Texts) and the other is the Main Table that would print the line items. I need to print the Header texts before the main table starts. Since the amount of header text that would print is dynamic the starting position of the vertical line cannot be determind beforehand and therefore I cannot use a template overlapping the main table to draw the line. If we draw the line within the main table using the pattern facility then the line would start correctly but would end at the point where the last line item prints and does not extend upto the footer of the page. Is there anyway I can use both the features on where the starting position can be determind dynamically and the ending position would be the footer of the page.

Thank you.

Vipin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think u can do it dynamically, but what u can do is create a window having a template with pattern and overlap it over ur main window so that the line extends till footer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the answer. But since I have the header texts that would print before the main table starts the starting point of the template would vary. This would be a problem.

Thanks,

Vipin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this u require more coplex logi using loop.

first u have to finad out how many loop should be repeate to print vertical line using template.

Then for first page and second page u can develop logic to print dynamic verrtical line.

Thanks and Regards

Amit Sontakke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

But for that wont I also have to find out the amount of space the header text would occupy. that is calculating the space each line would take?

Thanks

Vipin