cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file not picking up in FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP-XI experts,

2 different files are send to same FTP server but one file was picked but other was not picking.

Error that came while monitoring CC is as below:

"Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 1 according to structure 'row':java.lang.Exception: ERROR in configuration / structure 'row.': More elements in file csv structure than field names specified!".

Seeing the error we cross check the content of file present at FTP server. But everything was fine,it contain same no.of fields present in Content conversion and even same length.

Solution: I added a extra row in Content conversion "row.additionalLastFields ignore".After that i stop and restart the Communication channel it start picking the file but the Communication channel is still in red.

Can u please tell me ASAP the reason why the file was not picked first and then after adding extra row it started picking.

Thanks & Regards

Vijji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

its very simple there is some extra elements present in in your sourceCSV file.that is the only reason.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there is no extra element present in file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try to open your file with textpad, you can easily identify the extra characters if present.

Thanks.

Regards,

Indira D

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did but they is no space or special character.Even i compare it with the similar file which was processed sucessfully.

There is no difference between them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is related to some problem with the data only...because i too faced the same issue...i was also not able to see the new line when i try to open the same in notepad++ ... may be some other paramters or data of excel/CSV which is avoiding to display the same..in notepad++

also try one more thing...enable the new line characters and see if there is any difference...between the processes and failed files...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The channel status will be read for some time as it displays the last 5 minutes information or so...

Check only if file is processed or not.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was there any additional space/ character present in the file?

Not all Text Editors display the file properly...try opening the file with different editors and see if any of the above two was present in the original file.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no there is no additional space/ character present in file.

But then also by adding row "row.additionalLastFields ignore" in content conversion why file which was not picked before started picking up now.

I need to tell exact reason to my client.but i am unable to analysis exact reason for it.