Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot orgins with stock a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read that inspection lot orgins

are non stock relavant . and 01 is stock relavant .

i cannot understand . can u expalin how is it with ex.,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

1) 01,04,05,08 - Stock relevent inspection type means when GR (or any event) takes place stock will move to quality stock. QM stock has to be cleared to unrestricted so that the stock can be used for other process

2) 02 Inspection type - Inspection lot created for goods issue. In this type of lot no stock is available in quality. It only helps you in recording results. It wont stop any processes.

3) 03 Inspection type - this is used for inprocess inspection. This is used only to record inprocess characteristic and confirm the quantities. you cannot control the stock as the entire thing will be WIP

4) 06 - Inspection for returns from customer - This type of lot will help you in recording results , but will not have any stock control in it. It wont stop any processes related to customer returns

5) 07 - Audit inspection for a vendor - This type is used for auditing vendors. so no question of stock arises

6) 10 - For delivery- this type controls the delivery process but you cannot control any stock. You cannot say here that in the inspection quantity of 100 , 10 is ok , 90 is rejected. you can reject the delivery as a whole as accept it an whole

Please do not confuse it with non stock item. Non stock item is a material type as you know.

Non stock inspection types are mainly used to record values and not for controlling the process

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

This post has clarified my long time doubt about stock relevant inspection type. Its crystal clear now. Thanks a lot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lot origin is non stock relevant means in this type of inspection lot we can do the result recording and take the usage decision only and we cant post the stock.

And in stock relevant type insp lot origin, you can also post the stock.It means in insp type 01which is stock relevant type, say lot qty is 1000.here you can post some qty to unrestricted use stock say 900 and some we can reject say 100.

Vishal

Edited by: VISHAL JONNALWAR on Feb 4, 2010 7:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Lot origin is non stock relevant means in this type of inspection lot we can do the result recording and take the usage decision only and we cant post the stock.

If Qlot is created , so the stock will be go to inpspection type, so after the inspection completion , we need to post it to unrestricted or block right?

pls reply

me

vbraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right but it is the case with stock relevant insp types i.e. 01, 04 etc.In case of non stock relevant, we will not be able to poat the stock.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally in simple term when stock posting screen is available in QA21/QA11,then it is stock relevent.

Also remember that in some of the case unless you take UD of the non stock relevent items presseding operation can not be carried out even if you do not do stock posting.

Like 10 or 02 ,delivery will not happen till ud of 10 is taken

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I couldnot get you .

my doubt is ...

for non stock item . whether the stock is moved to Quality if the lot is created ?

if moved , unless untill post it to unrestict stock. how the next process will use this stock in process

Former Member
0 Kudos

for non stock item . whether the stock is moved to Quality if the lot is created ?

Take example of inspection type 10.When I do PGI it will create Inspection lot during picking.Material do not have stock type to material not actually goes to QI even if lot is created.In status of inaspection lot there will not be status like SPRQ.

Still you are not allowed to do PGI unless do UD( I am not saying stock posting -->it will not be there)

I hope you got what I am saying