cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Classification In Registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is for the people who have been using the SAP ESR ( Registry). All services being published in the registry do have a classification. The classifications are based on standards such as provided by SAP-UDDI. Examples of such classification scheme are like: Applications,Lifecycle status etc.

The classification system is surprisingly silent on the scheme based on which layer does the service below. For example each and every service belongs to certain layer of [SOA reference architecture |http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-ref-arch/].Common example of services can be Basic Service, Composite Service, Process Service. Each of this service belongs to different layer of Reference Architecture. Thomas Erl has a detailed list of this kind of classification for example Entity services, or Task Services etc

The SAP-UDDI classification scheme mentioned so far helps in registry search for different reason. The Other classification which mentioned just now ( wrt to reference architecture) is useful for business modeling purpose.

I wonder if any one has defined this kind of classification in registry ( SAP ESR Registry or registry from other products Oracles or X-Registry etc). Would like to know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayler,

Can you please clarify about one quick question.

I need to create three different custom hierachical service classification systems in Service Registry, and assign the same three classifications to one perticular service.

Is it possible?

How to browse that same service from development environmrnt using classifications?

Really appreciate any help on this, I am struck here.

Thanks.

Suraj.