cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem::Alert Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am dealing with Alert Creation. I am encountering some problem, but unable to diagnose the actual cause.

1.I have defined a common alert category for all types of messages failing in XI, with the rule specified as No Restriction.

Result:: Alerts generated in Alrtinbox.

2.Configured SMTP Server Details and Created job in SCOT for sending mails and scheduled periodically(in 10 min) Result::No Alert triggered neither in Alert inbox nor in MailBox.Checked in Alrtdisp-->No alert was generated.

3. Created a new Alert Category with same configuration.

Result::The Alert is generated in both Alertinbox as well as in Mailbox but 2 0r 3 at a time.After Completion of those alerts only new alerts are triggered.

4.Next day again the previous alert category wasn't working. I created new. I created new job which is scheduled periodically after 1min.

Result::Alert triggering for every failed message. But, for one particular error, mail was sent every minute even though there wasn't any failed message in the XI.ailbox flooded with 1000 mails(same mail again and again).

5. Deactivated the jobs

Result::No alert triggered.

6. Created new alert category. Created new job scheduled for every 10 min Result::Alert triggered only once though so many messages were failed in XI.

7.I created new jobs, scheduled every minute.

Result::Alert not triggered.

Please suggest what could be the reason for unusual behaviour of alerts,it seems to be quiet incomprehensible.

Thanks, in anticipation!!

Regards,

Sushama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sushama.

Try check the opiton suppress multiple alerts and give proper sender and receiver interface names while creating alert rules.

Thanks.

Regards,

Indira D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Alert Rule:: I have provided No Restriction and time independent Delivery. Also, Suppress Multiple Alerts is active.

Once the mesage failed, the alert was triggered. But, even if there's no failed message in Moni, still the alert is triggered and mail is being sent. Once, we complete the alerts, again new alert is being generated.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell me what are the objects need to be configured in XI for Alert Configuration??

Regards,

Sushama