Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a req. in which i have to

1) Create multiple Positions

2) Copy multiple Postions (upto 30)

3) Change multiple Positions(upto 30)

4)Delimit multiple Positions(upto 30)

The req. is to create mass OM process (like mass PA process or special payments).

Step1) As in mass PA process, user is able to select multiple employees, simillarly here user should be able toselect multiple positions.

Step2) As in mass PA process, after selecting multiple employees, a WD table comes (imn enter data stap), here also a WD able should come with all positions selected in previous step.

Step3) Once data for all the positions are saved , the corresponding action(cdelimit or change) for all the positions should be triggred in backend system.

Please help.

Regards,

Ashish Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn´t say it is not possible. But I see no benefit in using HCM PF. Yes, use Adobe forms, but why do you need this framework? Maybe it is my little knowledge of HCMPF why I ask this question. Maybe somebody can tell what the benefit is.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keeps your HR data in sync. Due to tight integration with PA (and other sub modules), any changes to OM objects could potentially effect many other related objects. This is best maintained by the Framework. HCM P&Fs ensures that the other objects are consistently updated correctly (or should produce any errors that can be caused by the requested maintenance).

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company, LLC

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So, Derrick, would you say there is a solution to Ashish's dilemma?

My solution for the creation process would be to call the form directly and place the position search helps on the form. i.e. 10 position search helps. I assume you can call SA_PD style forms directly (with no start object) via the iView in the same way that you can for SAP_PA based ones?

I assume also that you still cannot configure the process to accept multiple operations (CRUD) or was that solved in EhP4?

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Yes technically it is ossible touse SAP_PD with option "No Start Object" but when we actually create a process with such an option, the process does not behave consistently... But if we do a manual hardcode of lead object id in config then it may work.

Also in my case i have to change 30 positions, so i need to provide 30 search helps. Also as it is still not possible togive multiple operations on single relation in SAP_PD, so i think i need to make custom service to actually update the database.

What do you suggest?

Regards,

Ashish Gupta

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK. So I understand the requirement a bit more now. Ultimately you want 30 positions created but via one form and one workflow.

Ideally in a create mode you would like to save the data multiple times. i.e. put the save data task in a loop, the iterations of which would be governed by an entry on the form? (A 'Number of Instances' field for example).

I am not sure if it is possible to save the data multiple times - even if you are in create mode and therefore generating new positions. Maybe someone else can comment?

Either that or can you clone the process object within the workflow? I think it best to at least use the form to process one position as it will have all the standard error checking, even if you decided to copy the position from within the workflow (via a program exit on a task or a class based based business object?).

Cheers

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder if there is some special feature in HCM Proces & Forms that you´re going to use. Otherwise I don´t understand why would you use it. I would create the offline form, or maybe WD ABAP form to do the job. You only need to displays the data, let the user make changes and update/ upload.

The only problem will be to create the usable table to change/ create/ delete the positions in your form.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for you reply!!

But here client is insisting me to make such an req. Can you uide me thru one or two points which makes this req. impossible to develop with HCMPF framework.

Regards,

Ashish Gupta