Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVS

former_member1279004
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an application with 2views. User comes and inputs field in View1, is taken to View2 where user has an EVS field connected to SAP backend where he selects a value and Submits the data. On submitting the data the user is taken back to the first screen. Users tend to go through these screens a couple of times inputting data.

My issue is EVS fields in view2 get data from a table which is updated. When the user comes to View2 after visitng View2 earlier and the Table that the EVS field is getting data from is updated , the new data in the table is not added to the EVS dropdown.

My code which generates the EVS dropdown is present in View2 wdDoInit(), I do know wdDoInit() function is not executed if the page has already been visited.

Has anyone faced a similar issue and how would I go about resolving the problem.

SAP Partner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Partner,

<i>My code which generates the EVS dropdown is present in View2 wdDoInit(), I do know wdDoInit() function is not executed if the page has already been visited.</i>

You also have (should have) handler for <b>inbound plug</b> in View2. Call the same code to re-populate values from here as well.

VS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1279004
Participant
0 Kudos

Any thoughts on this issue....

SAP Partner

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once the user submits the data in the second view, regenerate the EVS dropdown in the second view with the updated data and then go to the first view. So duplicate the regeneration code on 'submit' action in second view as well. Hope this will solve the problem, if i had understood the problem correctly

Regards,

Sudeep.