cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Sampling Procedure and Sample-drawing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I am new to QM and started learning QM Module. My doubt is what is the difference between Sampling Procedure and Sample-drawing procedure?

The reason for my doubt is, we can determine the sample quantity with Sampling procedure itself. then what is the need of sample-drawing procedure?

Also describe primary, pooled and reserved samples.

Regards,

IMIMINT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sampling Procedure 

Definition

A procedure that contains the rules for determining the sample size for an inspection. The sampling procedure also specifies the type of valuation to use for results recording (attributive, variable, or manual).

Use

You assign a sampling procedure to each characteristic in an inspection plan to calculate the sample size.

Sample-Drawing Procedure 

Definition

A master data object in which you plan the drawing of physical samples. In the sample-drawing procedure, you specify:

Which categories of physical samples must be drawn

How many physical samples must drawn

The size of each physical sample

Whether the drawing of physical samples must be confirmed

Use

The system uses the information in the sample-drawing procedure together with the information in the inspection plan to calculate the physical sample sizes, and to create physical-sample records when an inspection lot is created.

Primary Sample : It is the sample drawn from the lot directly.

Pooled Sample : It is the sample whcih is combination of 2 or more primary samples.i.e. primary sample sfrom say 3 differetn drums is mixed and tested.

Reserved Sample :sample which is preserved for the testing in future.

or in other words

Primary samples (1st stage)

Physical samples drawn directly from a material or batch that will be inspected or used to create pooled samples.

Pooled samples (2nd stage)

Physical samples to be created by mixing the contents of two or more primary samples from the same material or batch.

Reserve samples

Primary physical samples drawn from a material or batch reserved for future inspection.

Vishal

Edited by: VISHAL JONNALWAR on Feb 4, 2010 6:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Change History of delivery document header text not recorded in change history table CDHDR/CDPOS, Please can some one guide me whether does the text changes are recorded or not and if so how, Please guide me

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer :