Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please clarify DMR or Inspn Active if no QM system in Quality Info record

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

Existing scenario

I got self certified items (needs inspection) and non self certified items (does not need inspection) but all non self certified items are to inspected once in a year.

List of self certiefied or non self certified items are dynamic based on PPM calculation. if PPM less than 7000 its self certified and if its more than 7000 same material will become non selfcertified. Here is the catch, I have to change this staus in SAP dynamically through a development. Now my thought is which way is better?

1. DMR with stages having skip for self certified items and stages with inspection for non self certified items.- change of stages based on PPM calculation will be development.

2. Change of inspection active or inspection not active functionality in Quality info record. Thsi status change also have to be changed based on PPM thru development.

Which ever I use as mentioned above, for any self certified item running for last 1 year should go for a audit inspection automatically at time of Goods Receipt.

Thanks

VV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

It is my thinking that if you activate 09 inspection type for non cerified material.& do not avtivate any other inspection type.

Run QA05 so if you give interval days in QM view material master 365 Days.then system will generate lot after 365 Dats,

Just check whether it will fullfill your requirement.

Regards

SANIL

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

requirement calls for a development, working with SAP on this topic. Will update if anything new come across. Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since this is being modified baased on a PPM calculation, I think I would use a follow up action on your UD codes along with a DMR and Q-level record.

Create one DMR. It would have two stages. An initial stage with 99999 required inspections and a second skip stage with 99999 skips. Set the max. skip duration to 365 on the skip stage. (this makes sure the vendor/material gets inspected once year). Set the reset indicator to teh DMR to 365 days. (Means if no lots have come in from vendor, set to initial after a year)

In your follow-up action, use your development to check the PPM. If PPM is greater then 7000 then set the related Q-level to stage 2 (skip)

If the PPM is less then 7000 do nothing. (i.e. remain at stage 1).

Craig

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig,

The skip solution what you offered was also there in my mind, but I dint thought of the follow up functionality in UD. Now let me see the pros and cons and after that let me come back.

Will this follow up action during UD will affect the system performance or not?.

List of items coming to skip or normal inspection is too huge, can say 7000 items may go for inspection in a day either as skip or normal across plants. Also logic of follow up action have to calculate PPM, any rejections during last 5 lot closure across plants, any outstanding notifications against this vendor.

Thanks and Regards,

VV

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on Feb 5, 2010 6:37 AM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vineeth,

Usually, I wouldn't think the follow-up action would be an issue with system performance. You say 7000 items, but do you mean 7000 UD's? I.e. an inspection lot of 1000 units isn't unusual and that would be 7 inspection lots. You've also now said that the program needs to look across plants for UD rejections and for notifications. That is another level of complexity.

While the UD follow-up action should still be able to handle that, I can't say it won't affect performance. I was going to suggest you have it only run on certain UD codes, but since you now need to reveiw this across plants that might not work.

What happens if my vendor/material is in a skip stage at plant A and Plant B opens a notification agains the vendor? Since there is no UD, the follow-up action wouldn't run and change the DMR at plant A.

If you need to look at a bunch of stuff, instead of the follow-up action, you may need to run a program in batch and have it run once an hour or every 10 minutes. Depending on how you write it, it could be pretty efficient.

Craig

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig,

I am also looking for a batch program to run. I will close this thread soon on finalising my future process.

VV

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

I think you need to use the 2nd option in quality info record. You will have to have lot of z programs to get your requirements

You can use this BADI for Quality info record to maintain inspection active and inactive QB_Q_INFO_RECORD

let me know your comments

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh,

What is this BADI used for, just put functionality where it will help.

VV