cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Mails from the list of Messages Failed in Moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I was thinking on an option of sending the mails for the list of messages failed in Moni, I dont want to configure the alerts.

Basically I wanted to write a report that will be scheduled to read the error messages from SXI_Moni and will send the mail to the designated user. I am aware of the table that I need to acces.

Have anyone done such kind of scenario? What were the challenges faced. Is it a good way to send a notification?

Thanks,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil.

The solution which you are trying to do is good but it has few challenges (which I can think of)

1. How you will track duplicate mails. Like you if you have sent a mail for a failed message, you will not prefer to inform the users again that the message is failed.

2. How you will differentiate whether the mail sent is a duplicate one or a reminder mail.

3. The type of errors which you wan to inform the users, I think you dont wan to inform some connectivity failures within XI/PI

A solution for 1 and 2 will be You might think of storing the message id and the failed date in a ztable and only after checking the elapsed tome you shoudl decide to re-sent the mail

After sending a failure mail what action should be taken you want it to be automated or to be manually driven.

Regards

Suraj

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suraj,

There are some restrictions while using this approach Like I can't provide the escalltion feature, The one you said about removing the duplicate errors (suppress multiple alert feature of Alert framwork in XI), Real time notification (report will be pseudo real time).

But the advantages that I am going to get is ease of maintenance, I can customize it in a way i wish to, no fear of increasing the database size due to alert, I can send multiple failure notice in One Mail.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil:

I had one requirements that we need to validate payload in PI, if the validation fails, do not send the message to the receiver, rather than, send a email notification out.

My scenario is very similar to your requirements. In this case, I dynamically set the receiver based on the result of the validation.

There is message type in BASIS SWCV: Receivers, and Service Interface called ReceiverDetemination, they are used in that purpose.

In your case, the only different is to catch the exception in the mapping, there are few blog talking about it, then if you catch exception, then you can dynamically set to mail receiver, then you re-directed your message to the mail.

Regards.

Liang

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

We have Support group for Production support so I need not to bother about sending the mail to different users, however you have valied point.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to send the report in thiscase....then you need to send to different people...as each interface will be used by different end users...so need to fillter the based on the interface...which can be done with the help of alert configuration itself..

instead of going for report creation...otherwise it wont make sense ..if you dont send the mails to the respective person..assume if there is a data mis match...

HTH

Rajesh