cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher SSL and Multiple DN

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have many applications that run on SSL via IIS with IisProxy module forwarding to SAP WAS 6.20. We currently have a website on IIS created for each application.

e.g. https://app1.acme.com

https://app2.acme.com

These all forward to the same J2EE engine via IisProxy module through a single self-signed certificate from the J2EE engine. But the client browser sees the trusted certificates installed in the IIS websites, with the Distinguished Names

app1.acme.com

app2.acme.com

because of this the client browser receivs no SSL warnings as the certificate date, certificate trust path are valid and the certificate alias matches the request alias.

However, we are migrating these apps to NW04 and using the Web Dispatcher for Load balancing between multiple J2EE servers(e.g. eliminating IIS)

Can we create multiple certificates on the same Web Dispatcher, as we must have certificates with both distingusihed names

app1.acme.com

app2.acme.com

We must get these two certificates signed by a CA, then import into the Web Dispatcher, otherwise the client browser gives SSL warnings as the Certificate CN does not match the request alias.

Is this possible? If not, can this be achieved in any other way?

Thanks

Ciaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Easiest way to do this is to configure the WebDispatcher to Route the SSL request straight through to the J2EE.

icm/server_port_1 = PROT=ROUTER,PORT=443,HOST=XXXXXXXXX

icm/server_port_2 = PROT=ROUTER,PORT=443,HOST=XXXXXXXXX

(Where XXXXX is the FQDN of the server)

Then the user will see the certificate for the J2EE (You will need to modify it to be a signed certificate). I can send you an email document on checking in CA keychains if you send me your email address

Hope this helps

Damian