cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Freely-Definable Attributes : Location-specific product master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!

My current client has requirement to maintain more than 5 location-specific product data attributes under "Extra" tab

of location-product master data.

My understanding is that /SAPAPO/MATLOC only allows max of 5 attributes to be defined and visible under "Extra" tab of location-product master.

Any suggestions on how to maintain more than 5 attributes for the location-product?

Thanks!!

Regards,

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rasik,

You can create any number of extra fields in Product location by using EEWB ( Easy enhacement workbench) this is also the transaction name .

create custom field using EEWB.

Details are as follows.

- Create a custom Package named as "XXXX"

- Released the transport request of the custom Package

- Using Tx EEWB create a project named as "YYYYY"

- extend creation "XXXX".

Rest try for yourself. You will struggle in starting but it will get resolve

I have craeated 12 custom fiels in Product location & every thing works fine

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!! Vaibhav, i appreciate your solution.

Regards,

Rasik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasik,

We had a requirement for maintaining more than 5 extra attributes. the work around that we are using are, that we are concatenating the values (and using / as a separator) in the cif user exit CIFMAT01 and polulating some of them in the same attribute filed. For example, if some fields are being popualted for information purposes, you can concetanate those and use only 1 out of 5 available fileds. Else if all the fields are being used, then you may modify the program or the macros which are using those fields. This is the way we are using the most out of these fields in our project.

i hope this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically you can't.

Just use some other un-used field.