SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to migrate installment plan with open items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to migrate an installment plan, when my legacy system does not tie my open items directly to my installment plans. And the amounts in my open items table may not add up to the exact amount of the installment plan.

So for a simple example, I have $10 left on an installment plan that was created 6 months ago.

Since the creation of the plan obviously more charges and payments have been posted to this account, clearing previously open items and creating new ones.

Presently, I have only 2 open items remaining, one for $6 and one for $7.

So I have "enough" open items ($13 worth) to post the $10 installment plan, but not an exact match.

The way I read the migration documentation on this, I thought I could use a OPUPZ field (Subitem for a Partial Clearing in Document) to signify that I want to partially clear that $7 charge. Apparently I misinterpreted that.

So my question is, is there a way to migrate this installment plan with this set of open items?

Or is my only option to alter the payment plan to the open items, and say that there is $13 remaining on the plan?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

C N,

The principal Idea is to migrate either

- the original amounts, the installment plan and last the latest payments (you migrate payment history)

- or to migrate the still open amount as one or more open items and subsequently an installment based on that amount.

Kind regards,

Fritz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

C N,

The principal Idea is to migrate either

- the original amounts, the installment plan and last the latest payments (you migrate payment history)

- or to migrate the still open amount as one or more open items and subsequently an installment based on that amount.

Kind regards,

Fritz