cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Master Page. Hide second master page if items don't overflow on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a custom PO form which requires an extra header on the first page but not on the subsequent pages. I created a master page on which the items can overflow.

The issue is that the second master page shows irregardless of whether the items overflow or not.

Is there a way to hide that second master page?

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Since you are telling that Second Master Page is showing irregardless of Items overflowed or not. So can you tell when the second master page is needed at runtime? (like are you displaying any terms and conditions on second master page, etc.)

On thing is by default make it hidden and if now the situation i.e. at run-time if you can judge the point where the Second Master Page is required then using scripting make it's presence as visible.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder what is your form structure. In my experience most problems with form content flow, headers, footers, extra pages, master pages etc. occur because the form design... lets say "awkward". Maybe your form is too complicated or on the other hand too simple to handle the situation. If you can describe the form and the task in greater detail, we can help you with that.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Pradeep Goli:

The items are grouped by an attribute and each have subtotals, so it is rather difficult to predict when page will overflow.

@Otto Gold :

I do have an awkward structure as I couldn't get my deep tables to show as I wanted so I converted the top header of the items into a header.

Here is how it looks like at the moment.

-(Master_Pages)

--PAGE1

---Page_Header_1

---Page_Header_2

---Page_Header_3

---Body

I need to hide the second header on followup pages.

I tried several things:

- dynamically re-size content area for followup pages (using only PAGE1). Not possible

- create a second page, PAGE2 with my desired headers (Page_Header_1, Page_Header_3). Hard to predict at runtime when overflow will occur

- I can move the data from Page_Header_3 to the body if I can make it show at the top of every page. Working on this at the moment. Easiest, but I can't get it to work

The body data with the items looks like this:

<items_subform>

-<items_TABLE>

--<items_BODY>

---<items_data_HEADER>

---<items_data_BODY>

---<items_data_FOOTER>

--<items_FOOTER>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help.

I followed my own advice and moved the 2 headers into the subform and after playing with the attributes I was able to show them only on the first page.

Thanks again,

Paul