cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit conversion from higher level to Lower level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing issue in DP planning books, when I convert from one unit of measure to another unit of measure at lowest level it gives me correct results. While if I go to higher level the conversion gives me wrong results.

Just to give an example I have product hierarchy levels as L2, L1 and L0 and the base unit of measure in planning area is cases.

When I view at L0 level in cases in planning book and than convert to another unit let say tons it is showing me correct results.

However when I go at higher level let say L1 and view in cases it will be fine but on conversion to tons it does not aggregates and hence show me incorrect results.

Will appreciate if some solution is available to this.

Arsalan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arsalan,

Yes, in this case the products UOM might be same as UOM of PA. However there are no checks as such made for the UOM comparison for total level and products loaded. Hence for avoiding any incorrect results at toal level due to loading of products with different UOMs , SAP does the total level values always in planning area UOM. This can be also confirmed from the SAP note i provided earlier. you can have a look to the attached PDF in the note which refers to no change in total levels UOM for products hierarchy loading.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arsalan,

This is a standard SAP behaviour. This is due to the reason that when you are at aggregated level of product hierarchy then different products can have different base unit of measures . Hence at the total level it shows data in the planning area unit of measure only. Whereas when you are at the location level aggragtion for a single prodcut the base unit is same and hence you can see the total in the base unit of measure of product.

As you are currently on the product level hierarchy hence the UOM conversion at the total level is not done whereas when you do at an individual product level as L0 then it takes the conversion factor from the product master and converts.

you can refer to SAP consulting Note 817446 for detailed understanding and it also contains a pdf explaining the same with screenshots,

Let me know if it helps in understanding the issue.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

I understand what you have said, but as far as your point is considered that higher level aggregation may go wrong as there are different conversion rate for different products. But in my case all the product lying L1 has same conversion rate.

And still it does not show the aggregation correctly.

Regards

Arsalan Shaikh