cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays in ECC async background processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Has anyone dealt with delays in ECC async background processing? On our development system the delays are running in the 3-20 second range.

I have a BLS transaction that

1. Creates a Time Ticket for operation confirmation

2. Does COWBPACK to create handling units for packing

3. Does COWBHUWE to do a goods receipt

I had to put a retry loop in #2 to wait for the Time Ticket to update the yield on the operation

I also had to put a retry loop in #3 to wait for an application lock to be released (by the time ticket create?)

Then I had to put a check/retry loop at the end to wait for the delivered qty on the order header to get updated after the goods receipt.

Is there a way to request synchronous transactions?

Any insights as to why this is happening and/or a better way to handle the situation would be greatly appreciated.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have seen this type of issue with certain BAPIs, particularly around confirmation processing. Especially when SAP is under heavy load. We basically do what you have done with a for next loop and a pause to implement a reasonable timeout/retry count.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amy,

I think you need to speak to a PP or PPPI function module expert. I believe there is the ability to force confirmations to be processed on the ERP side, but I don't believe the same is true from the confirmation BAPI perspective. So it may be possible to use a custom BAPI to force confirmation processing by confirmation number and counter in ERP. But an expert is recommended. Remember the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Amy,

Would it be reasonable to create a single custom BAPI that did all of these operations together and put the logic on the ERP side instead of MII? From my perspective this would be the cleanest, most efficient, and most reliable approach.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

A single custom Function Module... So the delays would be inside the BAPI in the ECC. This would certainly be more efficient. I will kick this around with our ABAP consultant.

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

-- Haworth

Just FYI: After the BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_TT (create time ticket) we are running custom BDC function modules to do COWBPACK and COWBHUWE Which are create handling units and goods receipt. Here is what I believe is happening from the error messages I see. Handling Units need to wait until the yield is updated. Goods receipt needs the application lock on the production order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

I, like you and Christian, had similar experiences and similar solutions. Instead of retry logic, a simple 6 second delay was put in the code. Not necessarily the best approach.