cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical table scrollbar in popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am displaying an interface view of a component usage in a popup. This view contains a table. The problem is that the table has no vertical scrollbar. Specifying application parameter 'WDTABLENAVIGATION=SCROLLBAR' has no effect, neither for the consumer component nor the component usage (I guess because it is just a popup). I am on NW 7.0 SP18 and cannot upgrade to NW 7.01. Is there a way to programmatically force the table to display the scrollbars or do I have to reactivate the paginator to be able to move around the table content?

Thanks for your suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a note.

In my case, it works that invalidate the shared object.

Note 1381847 - WDA: Changes to application parameters

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1381847

Symptom

A change to an application parameter has no direct effect.

Other terms

Web Dynpro ABAP, configuration, THEMEROOT

Reason and Prerequisites

There are various causes:

The shared object in which the data is saved is not deleted.

The parameter is overwritten by a global parameter.

Solution

First check whether the shared object was deleted and delete it if necessary:

To do so, call transaction SHMM and select the area CL_WDR_CONF_APPL_SHM if it exists. Select this line and choose "Invalidate". That is the button next to the trash can icon.

If the problem is still not corrected, there probably is a global setting for it that was created using the application WD_GLOBAL_SETTING.

To be able to delete this reliably, call transaction SE16 and select the table WDY_SETTINGS. Display all lines (there are not many).

Important: The following instruction has consequences for your entire system! Check whether you really want to proceed with this action!

If the application parameter that causes the error is displayed here, you can delete it, but only if you are sure that this setting should be deleted for all Web Dynpro applications!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am pretty sure but I will double-check. Thank you very much, Lekha and Thomas. I am really amazed at how rapidly I got a spot-on response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas. I have set the WDTABLENAVIGATION as global parameter to SCROLLBAR but no scrollbar displays. Accessibility is not switched on. Do I have to flush some cache?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Do I have to flush some cache?

No.

I found no notes that really match your situation. If you are sure accessiblity isn't set somehow, then you should consider opening a support ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The paginator gets displayed ([http://www.flickr.com/photos/47186625@N05/4328149406/]). You were mentioning that WDTABLENAVIGATION=SCROLLBAR can not only be an application parameter but a system parameter as well. Where can this system parameter be set? Maybe that is the solution.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes you can set the parameter globally. Just run the WDA Application WD_GLOBAL_SETTING. But also check the accessibility parameter (Either WDACCESSIBILITY or the URL Parameter SAP-ACCESSIBILTY) The Accessibility flag and override the WDTABLENAVIGATION parameter, even if the later is set globally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gave height to both table and container, set displayEmtpyRows to true but no scrollbar. I was actually thinking of calling some method on some interface toforce the scrollbars, i. e. simulate somehow what is done by the application parameter WDTABLENAVIGATION. Thank you anyway Lekha!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>simulate somehow what is done by the application parameter WDTABLENAVIGATION

There is no such API that you can call. The Application parameter or the system parameter should control this. Keep in mind that the accessibility flag overrides the WDTABLENAVIGATION parameter in 7.0 and will force you back to the paginator.

Are you seeing a paginator? Something you said earlier made me think you aren't seeing the paginator either. If you don't have the scrollbar, you should defintely have the paginator. If not something is wrong. Can you post a screenshot somewhere (like Flickr or some other free service) so that we can see what your table in the popup looks like?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The table has twenty entries and is only showing five (property visibleRowCount).Yet no srollbar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the empty rows getting displayed. Is the height of the table set...One thign you do give some height to teh rootuielement and also the TABLE and test it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vertical scrollbar depends on the numbers of rows that you are displaying in that table and also Height property of the table can also be considered..