cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ensuring original files do not link to the DIRu2019s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

In an effort to make sure that original files (source) do not link to the DIRu2019s in a SAP DMS development system (why I am doing this is irrelevant) I have deleted the Content Repositories in transaction OAC0. Can you please advise if this was the correct approach and is all that was required for me to do? Do I also have to delete the Categories in transaction OACT? Please also advise how I check explicitly if this was done successfully.

Regards,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

Deleting Content repository and Content category are not at all right steps. If you delete content reposiotry then connectivity to your archive server will be disconnected resulting no documents stored under this content repository can be displayed.

Can you please explain more on your requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thank you for your response.

In the DMS Project, the Project team ensured that the original files (source) did not link to the DIRu2019s in the SAP DMS development system. The reason was that the source files were the actual original documents in the SAP Repositories that are linked to the production SAP DMS system.

After a system copy of production to Development it can be seen that the originals are now viewable in the DMS Development system and that it is possible to delete these documents in the development system. The effect is that the original file is deleted from the repository and therefore also deleted in the DMS production system u2013 meaning that we u2018loseu2019 the original files. As people use the development system to test, they may not be aware that they are deleting production information.

In the short term to solve this problem (of course a long term robust solution is needed in the long term), the aim is to ensure that the original file links are always disabled in the development system.

Regards,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

If Production DMS environment is connected to Development or Quality system then you should first disconnect the connectivity.

Normally we will take up disconnecting the connectivity Dev or Quality system as post Refresh activity to ensure no users are working with production environment.

In your case, You can delete only content repository from Development system so that production original documents are safe. Once content repository is deleted then user cant access any documents from production system (Store under that Content repository). There is no need to delete content category.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Answers (0)