cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read seld-defined application property value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an issue in reading the application parameter value which is a self defined one with name 'Value'. I have also created the iview for the application and in the iview i have added the parameter 'Value = 1' in Application parameter.

When i use the following code

String val = wdComponentAPI.getApplication()

.getApplicationInfo()

.findInApplicationProperties("Value")

.getValue();

it gives empty string.I am only getting the parameter value which is defined in the webdynpro application. Kindly help me about how to read the iview parameter value through the application parameter. Rather i am familiar with the WDProtocolAdapter API to read the parameter from the iview which i dont need it right now.

References:

Regards,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try this

Collection c= wdComponentAPI.getApplication().getApplicationInfo().getApplicationProperties();
			Properties p= new Properties();
			Iterator i= c.iterator();
			while (i.hasNext())
			{
				IWDApplicationPropertyInfo info= (IWDApplicationPropertyInfo) i.next();
				if ("Border".equals(info.getName()))
				{
					wdContext.currentContextElement().setBorderImageVisibility(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);
				}
			}

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to read the self-defined application property value for personalization in portal you can try this:

IWDApplicationInfo appInfo = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getApplicationInfo();
IWDApplicationPropertyInfo key = appInfo.findInApplicationProperties("YourProperty");
wdContext.currentContextElement().setAttributeValue("YourProperty", key.getValue());

Regards,

Bernd

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should work:

IWDRequest request = WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject();

String val = request.getParameter("value")

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the code for getting the application parameter value which is given in the application properties(NWDS editor).

I want to know that the value which i am giving in Iview Application parameter can be accessed using the application parameter created in NWDS editor.

Regards,

Senthil