cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASNs with Third Party Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I ve tried my luck by posting this question some time back but had no response. Want to try once more.

The scenario is with Third Part Order Processing. We have some third party orders. The vendor manufactires the goods and ships it directly to the customer. Fine till here. But since the order is placed with our client, we need to send an ASN out to the customer. If we do not send an ASN out we attract chargebacks from teh customer. To send ASN out we need to have deliveries and TPO Orders do not have deliveries.

Any idea how to overcome this GAP? Last time when I posted this question, I did not get a single response. Its surprising that no client had ever come up with this requirement.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. All the help documents only talk about recieving the Vendor ASNs in teh company and auto creation of inbound deliveries. Our requirement is to send ASNs out to Customer.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Woud you mind sharing how you fulfilled the business requirement?

Regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then go with the option you have mentioned earlier All the help documents only talk about recieving the Vendor ASNs in teh company and auto creation of inbound deliveries.

Once the inboud delivery is created, you can send the ASN from the inbound delivery document. To complete the process, just do PGR of the inbound delivery and no need to do MIGO. In SPRO, check the settings for Inbound delivery document type, remove all the check marks pertaining to MRP (then inbound delivery type is excluded from MD04 records). Check the path Go to path SPRO -> Materials management -> Inventory managment and physical inventory ->Rough goods receipt for inbound delivery settings.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for the response. I did explore that option as well. However, if you notice, the inbound delivery shows the ship to as the recieving plant and it doesnt show teh customer address. Moreover other info like the INCO terms and payment terms are all of the company to vendor linkage but not the company to customer linkage. As such when you send an ASN out, you can see the data is that of the transaction between the company and the Vendor.

Even if we capture the customer data and enhance it, it is very very complex as there's a lot of tweaking to do. I am not sure if that is the right way to do it at all.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya Sagar

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont the vendor directly sends the ASN to the customer contact itself? A copy can be send to the selling company.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well. The Vendor doesn't have the system capabilities first of all. Secondly and most importantly, the customer orders with the company and not the vendor and as such it is ideal as per contractual obligations for the comapny to send the ASN to the customer. Moreover, if the option is given to the vendor to send ASNs out to the customer, there is little control on what he is sending to the customer.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya