This is regarding a FCC in receiver File Adapter

My requirement is as follows :

I have the following source structure

DT_Source

Structure

Field 1

Field 2

Field 3

The target file to be created will contain all the 3 fields mapped directly from the source.

but in additional to these 3 fields it will also contain 3 constants ..which aren't coming from the source.

Do I need to include that in the Target data type and map them as constant values in the mapping or can the addition of constant values be taken care of in the File Content conversion ?

thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to add them to your target data type and pass constant values to those fields...if needs to be populated for every record in the target file...

HTH

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Feb 3, 2010 6:57 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think better to try at mapping level and then add in FCC at receiver adapter. Because I dont think any parameter is there for adding extra fields in FCC of receiver adapter.

check this link for FCC in receiver adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Regards,

Nutan

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Do I need to include that in the Target data type and map them as constant values in the mapping or can the addition of constant values be taken care of in the File Content conversion ?

>

> thanks

> Dev

Never force such requirement on to the source since this can always be handled in the mapping. Also it is anyway not possible to add additional constants to your source XML using FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish

What about the blanks ..i mean if i wish to include some blanks in the lines ..can that be done through FCC ?

eg of a line item

field1,field2,constant,field3, ,constant2, ,constant3

Dev

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Dev.

It has to be part of your mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish

So you mean once i get a sample file , according to the blank spaces in the resultant i should have a corresponding field in my target Message type and map it toa constant white spaces ??

ok I have one last question

Can the FIle(on the receiver side ) be a mix of values which are fixed as well as variable lenghs ??

i.e

a typical line item in the file will be like this

Field1,Field2,Constant1, ,Constant2,Field3, ,Constant3,Field4,Constant4

where Field1 and Field3 are fixed length fields with the constants and field 4 and field5 are of variable lengths ????

thanks

Dev

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

only one parameter can be used either it has to be fixed fields or field separators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please reply me on this ...regarding blank spaces

So you mean once i get a sample file , according to the blank spaces in the resultant i should have a corresponding field in my target Message type and map it toa constant white spaces ??

Is that the way to deal with them

thanks

DEv

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Can you please reply me on this ...regarding blank spaces

>

> So you mean once i get a sample file , according to the blank spaces in the resultant i should have a corresponding field in my target Message type and map it toa constant white spaces ??

>

> Is that the way to deal with them

>

> thanks

> DEv

yes Dev. that is correct

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Is that the way to deal with them 

If you are sure that the target field say X, Y and Z will not have value from input and should always be blank then you can map them in message mapping with a constant value of blank

else if you are not sure and want to make them blank at runtime, if say source fields a, b and c doesn't exists, then use mapwithdefault node function in the graphical mapping

Regards

Suraj