Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect IDocs sent during a day

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement where we need to collect IDocs sent during a day and then create a CSV file and send it via mail.

We have some BPMs where we collect IDocs sent within a duration of 3 minutes ,so this Integration Process waits for 3 minutes.

But now,in this case if I set this duration as 1 day,this Integration Process would wait for a day.

Could you please give me your opinion regarding if it is fine that an Integration Process waits for a day and then produces an output?

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

>>Could you please give me your opinion regarding if it is fine that an Integration Process waits for a day and then produces an output?

No it would not be good to let the BPM wait for a complete day..

Instead try to use any of the other approach suggested by Michal in this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

or by stefan

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Regards

Suraj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This approach worked.Thanks to all

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>XML file was created and IDoc immediately turned to green.So,it seems it is creating an XML for every IDoc rather than collecting all IDocs .

did you specify - collect IDOCs in WE20 of your partner profile ?

and did you then run the program to send it ? (what's the number of IDOCs you've specified in the report?)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

Yes,I selected collect IDOCs in WE20 of partner profile .

But I changed port of an existing IDoc to my XML port ,sent it using we19 and then tried to execute this report.

Regards,

Shweta

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>But I changed port of an existing IDoc to my XML port ,sent it using we19 and then tried to execute this report.

this is why

it does not work with WE19

you need to run it from normal transaction and not from WE19

then it will work

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

this is why

it does not work with WE19 - Michal it will work with WE19 also........on selection of outbound processing, just uncheck the start outbound processing immediately option in checkbox in the popup window........then your IDOC will be in 30 status and then use report RSEOUT00 to process it to output it.

Hi Shweta,

Try this above option which i suggested above.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

Thanks.

And sorry for this

Regards,

Shweta

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Yes,it worked .

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Shweta

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now,I am able to create an XML file with data from all IDocs.

Further steps are: XI picks up this file from R/3 and we have an IP which splits the data based on an IDoc field(email id) , create multiple CSV files and send these CSV files to the corresponding email address.

I have following doubts in this case:

1) Will R/3 get an acknowledgement that data is correctly processed in XI?

2) Is there a chance that XI picks this XML file before it is completely written?

We are working on XI3.0 and hence we cant use availability times.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) to get the ack back u can send a idoc called STATUS.SYSTAT01 inside this there is a field called idoc number and status..

you can use this to send a idoc back to R3 that it has arrived OK in PI ...the status of the original idoc in R3 will be automatically changed to the status mentione in STATUS idoc

2) If NFS, you have the option "Milliseconds check before modification" that will prevent the file from being picked up till they are completly written.

in FTP, u can either rename the file and then configure XI to read only he renamed file or move the file to a different folder and let XI read from that folder

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

To answer your question 1, i would say, SAp would not know that the idoc-xml file will be picked up later by XI system.

After placing the file in the specified location(Using file-xml port), the job of R/3 system is done.

If you want to intimate R/3 about succesful processing in XI, you should have a step in your ccBPM to send a message to R/3 expicitly.

And regarding your second question, yes it is possible(though the probability is very less).

What you can do it

1) Use the msecs before modification check. OR

2) Schedule your file adapter using Availability planning concept

(/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-)

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Sorry,does this mean,I cannot handle it with SYSSTAT IDocs?

What if I use IDoc number in XML and create a mapping to set status of this IDoc and send it back to R/3?will it change the status of original IDosc?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sweta,

in the interface determination u can specify 2 mappings

1. mapping betwee say source and target structure

2. mapping between source and STATUS idoc

and click maintain order at runtime..

so once the step 1 is executed ok u cna send back a STATUS idoc back to sedner

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

What you can probably do is to do a mapping between your XML idoc source and STATUS.SYSTAT01 idoc, once your original processing is succesful. Then the STATUS.SYSTAT01idoc will update the original IDOCs status.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tarang/Ravi,

Thanks for suggesting this option.

I would work on this and would update the thread once it is done.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Regards,

Shweta

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> But now,in this case if I set this duration as 1 day,this Integration Process would wait for a day.

> Could you please give me your opinion regarding if it is fine that an Integration Process waits for a day and then produces an output?

never do that (to ahve a BPM wait for one whole day)

instead refer what is mentioned by Mike in his blog.

Also in case you are using 7.1 you can explore this option - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks.

But we are still working on XI 3.0 ,so we cannot follow this approach

Regards,

Shweta

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Shabarish,

>

> Thanks.

>

> But we are still working on XI 3.0 ,so we cannot follow this approach

>

> Regards,

> Shweta

in this case my suggestion is /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm and Schedule report RSEOUT00 at the end of the day or anytime you find appropriate

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you seen my blog?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

Thanks a lot for providing details of the options available along with their pros and cons.

We are working on XI3.0,so I think,it would be better for me to go for option 3(Using a file port), right?

If this is the case,I would try to check the possibility is we can do this in our system.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michal/Shabarish,

I have a doubt regarding this approach.

Suppose we are going to do this for ORDERS scenario,but this has to be done for only one partner,i.e this setting should be applicable for one partner only.

In other words,this setting should be customer specific and not message type specific.

Can this be achieved?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RSEOUT00 - have a look into the selection options

not only the idoc type / message type is a factor but u can also use

1. Partner Number of Receiver

2. Partner Function of Receiver

3. Partner Type of Receiver etc

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.Yes,these options are there in the selection criteria.

I just wanted to make sure that this setting wouldn't affect our existing ORDERS scenarios.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Shweta

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried this option,might be ,I have understood something wrong,I sent an existing IDoc to this XML port using we19,an XML file was created and IDoc immediately turned to green.So,it seems it is creating an XML for every IDoc rather than collecting all IDocs .

So when I executed this report to collect IDocs sent today,I received a message "No IDocs found"

Please let me know if I have done something wrong

Thanks again.

Regards,

Shweta