Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error CONVT_NO_NUMBER has occurred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am using BAPI -- 'HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA' to maintain infotype 8(Basic pay).

I debugged the code. The data is coming in IT (that is of type PPROP) from my text file. But it gives runtime error in the FM saying --

"Runtime error CONVT_NO_NUMBER has occurred"

Please guide,

Sumit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you ensure the right data (type) is passed to the input parameters of FM?

Can you post your code?

Regards

Raj

24 REPLIES 24

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd look at the input....I think you have alpha character(s) in what should be a numeric field...compare your input layout and content to the BAPI input tables, structures.... The dump (transaction ST22) may also give you some guidance as to which field...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd look at the input....I think you have alpha character(s) in what should be a numeric field...compare your input layout and content to the BAPI input tables, structures.... The dump (transaction ST22) may also give you some guidance as to which field...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you post your code?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you post your code?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you post your code?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you post your code?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you post your code?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you post your code?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you post your code?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, unintentional double post.

Edited by: Dave L on Feb 3, 2010 1:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

A forum search for 'CONVT_NO_NUMBER' should give you some ideas...essentially, however, you have alpha characters in a numeric field...this could have occurred from overflow (SAP might have converted left digits to *), punctuation marks, like $,. in the input, or just an error in the input file. The dump (transaction ST22) may be useful for determining field content and fieldname at the time SAP determined whether or not the field was numeric...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I checked in ST22. It says unable to interpret 4B as a number. Now I went to transaction PA30 and checked it's possible values. There were only 2- 8A and 8B. so I changed it to 8B. But still gives same error, as unable to interpret 8B as a number.

This is my int table while debugging--

line infty(c4)  fname(c132)   fval(c255)   seqnr(n2)
1	0008	P0008-PERNR	40083005	00
2	0008	P0008-BEGDA	01012010	00
3	0008	P0008-ENDDA	31129999	00
4	0008	P0008-TRFAR	A1	00
5	0008	P0008-TRFGR	ASST.GM	00
6	0008	P0008-TRFST	MA	00
7	0008	P0008-BSGRD	8B	00       " here is my 8B
8	0008	P0008-TRFGB	10	00
9	0008	P0008-DIVGV	01	00
10	0008	P0008-ANSAL	192	00
11	0008	P0008-ANCUR	18437	00
12	0008	P0008-WAERS	INR	00
13	0008	P0008-LGA01	INR	00
14	0008	P0008-BET01	4000	00
15	0008	P0008-LGA02	4657	00

if fval is of c255, why doen it interpret it's fields as a number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found the incosistency in the data. The user had given it wrong. Now my FM gets executed successfully. SY-SUBRC is also 0. But in PA 30, the data is not shown.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!!

Problem solved. Inconsistency in data was found. Now the data is being updated successfully.

Reagrds,

Sumit

0 Kudos

Surely all you need to do is debug the code when it steps into the calling of the FM and once you're in, if you get that far, then just check all the data structures passed in. Is it not that simple?.

Jas

0 Kudos

Surely all you need to do is debug the code when it steps into the calling of the FM and once you're in, if you get that far, then just check all the data structures passed in. Is it not that simple?.

Jas