Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Logic for Delivery Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

I got this problem really drive me crazy:

The system was set up like this: if the customer account got any overdue( invoices or credit notes or any transaction you put outstanding), and by overdue i mean if the "net due column"'s date is before today, then all the delivery notes generated for this customer account will be blocked.

The overdue tolerance is set up ZERO, one invoice or credit memo or any outstanding overdue can cause DN block, only our head office people got the authority to release them by VKM1.

Above is the theory of the DN block I was told. But in the real business, there are always overdue that can not be solved without delay.

During the last two months I have found out that some accounts got overdue but the DN are not getting any block and some accounts with block. Another situation is one customer account has been having overdue(quite old overdue, say from 2008) without any DN block but suddenly started from one day it's getting DN blocks.

When I check with our tech people, they couldn't explain to me why, they replied that according to the DN block logic, those account got overdue items should be blocked all the time. they have checked the configuration the customers accounts are set up the same.

There must be something unknown caused this, right? I am so confused and want to know why.

I do know there are FD33 involved for credit limit or terms, but i have checked for most of the customers, they are the same.

Thank you in advance.

Chloe

Edited by: chloe3000 on Feb 3, 2010 12:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly go to OVA8, for the required combination, please check the settings related to Open item & Oldest open item.

In Open Item - if any % of Overdue item or Number of days open is maintained, then system will set a credit block after Overdue % exceeds.

In Oldest open item - please check if any number of days is maintained.

Analyse above two areas, you will find the root cause for the delivery blocks.

thank you

Anirudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Anirudh

Thank you very much for the reply, unfortunately I am not authorized to use OVA8, but i will certainly let our tech people try. thanks for the help.

Answers (0)