cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving connections of GRC AC 5.3 RAR with R/3 ABAP Client (same SID)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please can someone assist me with the documentation for the movement of the connection of AC 5.3 RAR based on Java, from one client in R/3 ABAP to another.

For e.g. if GRC AC 5.3 is connected to QAS Client 101 on ABAP side, how to move the connection to Client 102 on the same system (SID).Also, mention please, if there are any specific steps to carried out for removal of existing connection.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Usually you don't move a connection, as the analysis results and the naming reflect the target system.

I don't know your specific context, but let's asusme you're finished working with the test system and want to add the production system.

From SP10, RAR has a feature to delete a connector and all related data (Careful! Be sure to back up your rule set before you do that!).

You would then create the new connector, add it to the logical system, create the rules, plan the sync and analysis jobs and you're good to go.

If that's not what you're looking for, please tell us a few nmore details.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your quick response.

The scenario is as follows, it is a non production instance of GRC.

We had a UAT Client in Quality System, which we connected to the GRC AC 5.3.

Now we have decided to dedicate a separate Client in QAS for Roles and Authorizations, which we wish to connect to GRC.

Since, the Client will be residing in the same system, where the existing Client connected to GRC exists, need to understand the feasibility and risk associated.

Also, the removal process, which u mentioned came in with the SP 10. Unfortunately, we are on (n-1) SP 9 for GRC AC 5.3.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Prashant

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

in that case I'll simply add the new client as a second connector.

The upgrade to SP10 (if there are no ther reasons speaking against doing that) is rather painless - so that's maybe an option as well, if you really do need to get rid of the "old" data.

If not, just ignore the old data and focus on the new client.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Frank. Just had a few apprehensions about the behavior of system in that case.

Can I infer from your response that there are no adverse effect on system, if an idle connection exist the same system.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

As it is a non production GRC instance, in fact you can even change the connector to point to new client, instead of creating a second connector.

In case connector is of type SAPJCo, change the client number in the connector and ensure to have proper backend ID and password, if it is a Adaptive RFC connection then change the client, user ID and password through Content Administrator-->maintain JCo destinations.

As Frank mentioned you can even keep old connector and create a new one for second client.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much dear members.

I will proceed with a new connection in the same system, with different client.

Regards,

Prashant