cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLDCHECK error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I tried to connect one of my ECC system to central SLD.

I have configured and created neceesary RFC connections,

But when i execute SLDCHECK, It is giving the following error

Calling function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS

Calling function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS

Retrieving data from the SLD server...

Function call returned exception code 4

=> Check whether the SLD is running!

Summary: Connection to SLD does not work

=> Check SLD function and configurations

Could you please tell me, how can i solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I presume your SLD is up/online and other systems are sucessfuly working fine.

And coming to your issue, ensure below 3 items in your ECC system.

1. goto transaction SLDAPICUST - ensure you have mentioned the correct SLD name, Port, User, Password

2. goto transaction SXMB_ADM - ensure correct details like Role of Business System set to "Application System" & its corresponding RFC (which is basically rfc that points to your PI system)

Note - This means your H type PI rfc also has to work fine.

3. Ensure, you have Business System for your PI defined correctly (for example INTEGRATION_SERVER_<SID>)

Regards

Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Feb 3, 2010 6:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purnachender,

If you check in SM59 for a TCP/IP Connection called LCRSAPRFC, you should be able to test this RFC to see if it is working correctly.

I don't agree that this would only be configured in a PI system. If you have a system that needs to access the business systems on a PI landscape this would be configured. This RFC should function as a registered server program. In your PI system you would have a JCo connection with this RFC configured to a particular Program ID. You can bring up Visual Admin in your PI system and check the JCo connections to see if this is configured. If not you can configure it.

For complete setup check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/be/6e0f41218ff023e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

One thing to note is that if only the piece that is failing is the "LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS", this only means that it cannot see the business systems in your PI system.

You can test if this is ACTUALLY working by going into SE37 and executing the function module "LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS", see if brings anything back

I have expirenced in my systems that sometimes this check fails but everything seems to be working fine. I execute the function module and it seems to test fine, however it errors in the SLDCHECK. Why that happens, I may never know.

I hope this is helpful,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purna,

Your SLDCHECK should work even frm the backend system .

If you have properly configured with tx "SLDAPICUST"

Defined the two rfc's SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC

In SLDAPICUST put in your SLD Host name and port properly

and confirm that the 2 rfc's are working fine with a test connection

If they arent working also confirm whether the JCO rfC provider in the sld host has both the programs running (sapsldapi and lsrsaprfc"

Also check whether the password that u have given in sldapicust is working in the target SLD host ( it shouldnt be locked and should have the right password)

Gerard

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

>

> Defined the two rfc's SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC

>

If your system is not PI/XI or solman then you don't require these RFC's.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny , i gotto disagree on that . If you need your backend system to retrieve Business system info from your target SLD .

You would need both the rfc's defined in the backened systems (ex ECC) .

The Sole purpose of performing a SLD check is to confirm whether your backend can connect to the SLD and retrieve info from there. IF you want to acheive that .

You would need both the rfc's defined in the backend system (ex ECC)

Edited by: GerardChristopher on Feb 3, 2010 6:12 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Van and GerardChristopher

SLDcheck will not work in any system except XI/PI or solman. Because your SLD works in these system not in ECC/R3.

You can check below link:

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny ,

I just peformed a test for R3 4.7X200 connect to the SLD in PI 7.1

SLDcheck comes out perfectly fine.

the same works fine even in BW 3.0 and SRM 4.0 and sld check to PI 7.1 works fine..

See the results below ( i just commented the hostname with (xxxxx)

Exchange Infrastructure: SLD Connection Test

Properties of RFC destination SAPSLDAPI

RFC host: %%RFCSERVER%%

program id: SAPSLDAPI_NONUNICODE

gateway host: xxxx.xxxx.xxx.xxxx

gateway service: sapgw00

Testing the RFC connection to the SLD java client...

RFC ping was successful

SLD server address settings:

host name: xxxxx.xxxx.xxxxx.xxxx.xxxx

port number: 50000

Use transaction SLDAPICUST if you wish to maintain the SLD server address

Launching the SLD GUI in a separate browser window...

and it goes on..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sunny,

In our landscape we use a separate SLD. Separate PI systems. We don't use the SLD in PI. We also have a separate Solution manager system in our landscape. You are assuming that everyone would be using the SLD in PI or Solution Manager.

As long as your JCo RFCs are setup correctly the SLDCHECK will work. In our environment, we have a full landscape of TM, ECC, PI and SLD all separate instances and they all run an SLDCHECK without errors.

Shawn

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Van,

Could you please tell me on which instance your central SLD is working ?

E.g. LCRSAPRFC is used to for exchange profile. And if you configure this in ECC system then it is of no use.

What I want to say is SLDcheck should work for PI/XI or solman system and if it is not working on ECC system then there is no harm at all.

In our landscape we are using three tier SLD architecture (with separate local SLD for XI and portal which is sending data to central and runtime SLD) and in any of ECC system sldcheck is not working. And we are working perfectly fine.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your detailed replies.

SLDCHECK in ECC is working fine ,once after i changed the username to SLDDSUSER and its pwd. By default other user is existed which do not have proper permissions to retrieve the data from central SLD.

thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

First check if you are able to reach SLD page. Then see if it is running. If not then start it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have given central SLD details in RZ70, SLD is also working fine. I could also see ECC system entry in the SLD systems list.

but SLDCHECK in ECC got the following above error. please help

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are running SLDcheck in any system other than PI/XI, it will not work.

You can check if SLD is working fine or not by triggering data transfer in RZ70 and then check in SLD whether data transfer is updated or not.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunny,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please confirm me with any SAP reference related to this. I would stop looking at this issue

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi purnachandera,

As sunny said, this message will appear all the systems except for PI/XI system because in PI/XI systems only the business systems might be defined.This SLDCHECK will get the general info of all the checks defined to see the SLD details.you can ingnore this error if your system is ECC

Best Regards,

Shyam Dontamsetty

Edited by: Shyam.D on Feb 3, 2010 1:59 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check below link which states that SLDcheck will check all conditions in which there are two RFC's which are for exchange profile.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Thanks

Sunny

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you made entry of SLD in RZ70 of ECC system ???

Thanks

Anil