cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CONNECT on Window 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading our 4.6c server to Windows 2003 from Unix and can't seem to tackle the internet email configuration. Any wise basis folks out there that can point me in the right direction to configure? The UNIX config uses sendmail but what would be the Windows equivalent? Thanks in advance!

We are able to send messages and can see them in SCOT but get the following error message:

No delivery to [email_address]. (for reason, see long text)

Message no. XS 812

Diagnosis

The message could not be delivered to recipient [email_address]. The node gave the following reason (in the language of the node):

Sendmail failure 1

System Response

Processing was ended normally.

Additional information of the node used (in the system language of the node):

Sendmail failure 1

Procedure

Use the documentation of the node to check which actions are necessary.

Message was edited by: Anthony Doerr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

suggestion: did you check note 99965?

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also like to know the meaning of this failure message. I am using windows 2003, exchange 2003, emailrelay in stead of sendmail and it looks quite good but finally I do not get any message sent out from SAP and the log of emailrelay <a href="http://emailrelay.sourceforge.net/">http://emailrelay.sourceforge.net/</a> says:

<snip>

2d8->Processing bodypart #1

2d8->Filename: test1.TXT

2d8->Filesize: 7

2d8->MIME Content-Type for this bodypart will be: TEXT/PLAIN

2d8->Data determined as text. Using default of 7BIT encoding

2d8->Flow text format detected

2d8->Changing encoding from 7BIT to QP

2d8->Bodypart encoded as QP

2d8->Finished processing bodypart #1

2d8->

2d8->System call to NT with command: aaabbbbcccc@zzzzz.com "xxxxxx.yyyyyy@zzzzz.com" < "C:\Documents and Settings\SAPServiceMFE\ ...

2d8<b>->** Error when calling sendmail. Return value: 1</b>

2d8->Message not posted to: xxxx.yyyyy@zzzzz.com

2d8->Deleted temporary file C:\Documents and Settings\SAPServiceMFE\Local Settings\Temp\mlunx_2d8_2

2d8->SX_OBJECT_RECEIVE exitting with RFC_OK

2d8->

2d8->----

2d8->RFC connection closed, RfcDispatch loop terminated Tue Jun 27 09:14:39 2006

2d8->Main exitting normally with RFC_OK

<snap>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, found my fault.

In the mailgw.ini I did not fill in the correct "sendmail command". There was only the --from <SENDER_ADDRESS>, a parameter that belongs to "emailrelay.

Unfortunately I now get another error:

A file named ...envelope.bad remains in the spool directory. And this contains a line that says:

<b>X-MailRelay-Reason: smtp client protocol failure: unexpected response: 5.5.4 Invalid Address</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slowly this seems like talking to myself. But anyway - I hate to find unsolved threads that do exactly match my interest but the asking person did not tell h o w he finally solved his problem. So I do tell now, that also my last open question is answered now. I did simply not set one parameter I mentioned before. When configuring the "Sendmail command" in mailgw.ini I had to give the path to the "submit" followed by --from

That´s all.

And for those who might find this thread but do not know what I am talking about here - take a look at this. It works for me now:

<a href="http://wiki.ittoolbox.com/index.php/HOWTO:Email_from_SAP_-_4.6C_using_MS_Exchange_2003#">http://wiki.ittoolbox.com/index.php/HOWTO:Email_from_SAP_-_4.6C_using_MS_Exchange_2003#</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice, we were holding of on Exchange 2003 because of this. But, we will keep this quiet for now, we are doing enough upgrades at the moment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have followed the steps to configure SAPConnect using SM59 and SCOT. But I am missing something there.

EmailRelay is not producing any log. Even the trace is not written by MLUNXSND program when a message is sent from SAP. It comes up with message "Sendmail failure 1". I thing MLUNXSND program is not being executed, but I am not sure.

Nothing goes out of SAP, but when I send emails from other programs like outlook express, message is successfully relayed by emailrelay to our SMTP server. SAP is on Windows 2003 and SMTP server also Win2003.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started mlunxsnd program as service then the magic email went out of sap.

Thanks to Thomas for giving the initial input required.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have configured 'email relay' to send mails from sap 4.6c to MS Exchange Server 2003 as per the document you informed. After sending mail from sap it is not reaching SMTP server.

In SAP job status showing as completed successfully.

I want to clarify in the file mailgw.ini from sendmail command : <emailrealy path> --submit from <sender address> should be mention.

Which sender address should be configured there.

the log of traceout file i am submitting here

-

Start mlunxsnd 4.6D13 (Pid: fb4, TraceLevel: 1) Fri Apr 27 12:12:07 2007

fb4->Main called with 5 arguments:

fb4-> Arg[0]: c:\sapmail\mlunxsnd.exe

fb4-> Arg[1]: UATSAP01

fb4-> Arg[2]: sapgw00

fb4-> Arg[3]: 73787962

fb4-> Arg[4]: IDX=11

fb4->Installed function SX_OBJECT_RECEIVE

fb4->Waiting for RfcDispatch

fb4->----

fb4->RFC connection closed, RfcDispatch loop terminated Fri Apr 27 12:12:13 2007

fb4->Main exitting abnormally with 1

-

please advice on this

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After making some changes at SAP side and in profile file i got this new trace messge

-

Start mlunxsnd 4.6D13 (Pid: 958, TraceLevel: 1) Tue May 08 21:25:38 2007

958->Main called with 5 arguments:

958-> Arg[0]: c:\sapmail\mlunxsnd.exe

958-> Arg[1]: UATSAP01

958-> Arg[2]: sapgw00

958-> Arg[3]: 60312907

958-> Arg[4]: IDX=4

958->Installed function SX_OBJECT_RECEIVE

958->Waiting for RfcDispatch

-

Entered SX_OBJECT_RECEIVE (Pid: 958, TraceLevel: 1) Tue May 08 21:25:39 2007

958->** Temporary filename: >C:\Documents and Settings\SAPServiceNET\Local Settings\Temp\mlunx_958_2<

958->System call to NT with command: C:\winnt\spool\emailrelay\submit -spatil@nissan-europe.com "arun_nair@satyam.com" "srinivas_daparth ...

958->SX_OBJECT_RECEIVE exitting with RFC_OK

958->

958->----

958->RFC connection closed, RfcDispatch loop terminated Tue May 08 21:25:39 2007

958->Main exitting abnormally with 1

-

But still the mails are not reaching the SMTP server.

The two services are also running successfully.