Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property File

Former Member
0 Kudos

I referred this Blog below

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/06/07/property-file-a-smart-use-in-xi-context

Would some one explain how to create the Property file in XI? Step by Step process will help me a lot and other users.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

The basic reason for going for a property file is to make your interfaces indepenedent of the environment.

For instance in our projects, the <b>Control Record of an IDOC had to be changed from environment to environment.</b> So, we made the mapping independent of the environment by doing a property file look up for the values of the Control Field.

So, when migrating from one environment to another, all we had to change was the values in the property file.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini,

Property file is not just restricted to XI. Property file is not any different in XI.

Let me explain it in general.

Property file is a file with an extension <b>.properties</b>. The extension is just to recognise that it is a prop file. Anyways U will code the logic in program where u will be telling how to handle the file.

For Ex: there is a JSP being developed, u want to internationalise the JSP or the web site,

The labels should be in different languages depending on the country selection.In this case, there will properties files are defined, with key and value pairs.

If u have 2 fields in webpage to login,

then.....

<b>english.properties</b> may look like.

ID = "user name"

pw = "password"

<b>german.properties</b> may look like,

ID = "benutzer name"

pw = "kennt wort"

Right handside are the values, that are displayed on the webpage. Lefthand side are the keys, which will be used in programming logic.

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>What is Property file?

>>To explain in simple language; Property file is text file with “.properties” as an extension. It can be created and edited using NOTEPAD.

Where to put this property file in XI?

>>Property file can be stored in local folder in XI system.

How to access property file?

>> It can be accessed by ‘file path’ using JAVA I/O. Piece of JAVA code (demonstrated below)can be used in form of either User Defined Function in graphical mapping or in JAVA mapping.</i>

as explained in the blog, you just have to create a text file and put it in the file path you choose. This is nothing XI specific and this file will not reside within the XI system, it resides on the operating system level of the server on which XI runs!

Regards

Christine