cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Custom Fields - AC5.3, SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum guru's,

We are currently implementing AC 5.3, SP10, patch 1 for a client. One of the requirements for the Custom Approver

Determinators is to have custom fields that link directly to the HR org structure.

Question, I can create the custom fields, but is it possible to:

1) Link directly to the Table and field name? The table we are referring to on the org structure is the Organisational unit full name.

2) Also, the custom field will pull through the Organisation name, can we pull in the approver as well directly from the org

structure against that particular org unit? Or will it have to be maintained manually against the CAD in CUP?

3) If we do have the approvers maintained manually in CUP, how easy and feasible is it to develop a script so that if the

approver leaves the organisation, CUP can update the approver based on position in the Org structure? Has anybody

done this? Comments?

Your expertise and advice is highly appreciated.

Kind rgds,

Prevo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prevo,

Here is my response:

1) Link directly to the Table and field name? The table we are referring to on the org structure is the Organisational unit full name.

Yes

2) Also, the custom field will pull through the Organisation name, can we pull in the approver as well directly from the org

structure against that particular org unit? Or will it have to be maintained manually against the CAD in CUP? No. May be via web service.

3) If we do have the approvers maintained manually in CUP, how easy and feasible is it to develop a script so that if the

approver leaves the organisation, CUP can update the approver based on position in the Org structure? Has anybody

done this? Comments?

I highly doubt you will be able to achieve this due to the reason mentioned by Frank. You can talk to SAP about this and pay SAP to customize CUP for you.

Regards.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh and Frank.

Your advice has been really helpful.

Cheers,

Prevo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think what you want to do is determine the approver through a query.

One way to do that would be to use the CUP approver web service, unfortunately I could not yet find documentation on what exactly you would need to do.

The issue you would have determining approvers automatically might be that they would need to have the approver UME role assigned before they could actually act on a request, so that would need to be done automatically as well.

Right now your best guess is to have a fixed list of approvers maintained in a CAD in CUP, and make sure your custom attribute combinations hit one of those always.

Frank.