Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Idocs - Where are they

Carston
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario i have a SAP to Websphere interface.

I sent 124 material master idocs from bd10. I then went into bd87 and processed just the 124 idocs. They all went to status 03.

Websphere only created 84 output xml files, and they are saying they only recieved 84 idocs from sap.

Please can someone help me find these missing 40 as i thought websphere had them trapped but apparently not??

I have read about this tRFC queue?? How to a look at this??

Also - if they are in this queue what is causing them to stop sending?? Is it a websphere issue maybe??

Rgds

Carston

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Carston
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the speedy replys everyone. Im currently requesting sm58 auths.

Sadly we are not using XI so im guessing that guide which refers to IDX5 wont be applicable.

The client uses Websphere and unfortunately its controlled by another company.

All i can use is the ERP system which is sending the idocs.

Im hoping SM58 will tell me why the idocs failed to send. I bulk sent 124 idocs in one action - i need to find out why they stopped working after 80. Did something happen in websphere which then creates the queued up messages in the ERP system, or did the SAP system just fail to handle the load of sending 124 idocs.

Thanks again everyone - i may be back with more questions

Carston

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Im hoping SM58 will tell me why the idocs failed to send. I bulk sent 124 idocs in one action

if you send them from BD10 you have an option to choose the number of idocs in one call

if you selected 1 then you made 124 calls

anyway sm58 is the only place you need to check as I mentioned

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Carston
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

Well SM58 shows my missing idocs.

About 40 with the error message.

IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS RFCSERVER_ISR 03.02.2010 01:29:20 Error opening an RFC connection.

I thought there was 2 interesting points about this entry - 1, its says its 'Inbound' - This is an outbound interface from SAP to websphere. Could these be some kind of return idoc notifying me of an error?

and 2 - the time is 1.30 am. We ran the test about 5pm uk time. The time on the sap server is only 1 hr out as far as i know.

My only other thought was that the basis guys clear the queues down overnight. Im just checking with them about this.

Also - im not sure if this matters - but i checked We02 - all my 124 idocs are there with a green status.

Thanks

C.

Edited by: Carston James on Feb 3, 2010 11:09 AM

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS RFCSERVER_ISR 03.02.2010 01:29:20 Error opening an RFC connection

1. the RFC calls is trying to call >IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS at your middleware so it's ok

2. try restarting those entries with F6

3. try checking if the RFC destination to your middleware works in SM59

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Carston
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Michal - this has been a fantastic help.

I have started to reprocess and when i got to the 5th one i got an error saying - failure to commit, and the the RFC error.

I quickly went to SM59 and tested the RFC - it says 'Error opening RFC'

Looks like the problem is a very unstable rfc connection.

I have the Websphere guys now looking at their side and my clients basis team looking at their side.

Unfortunately im just in the middle trying to get this interface working - i fear finger pointing between the 2 sides will start now.

My suspicion is that something happened to websphere which meant that sap could then not connect.

Thanks again -

Massive help.

Carston

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the monitoring steps (if not done already) as mentioned in this blog: /people/kamalkumar.ramakrishnan/blog/2008/02/13/monitoring-the-idoc-adapter-in-xipi-using-idx5

Regards,

Abhishek.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check sm58 in SAP system. If its empty, then Idoc should be in PI sxmb_moni or stuck in RWB.

Regards,

Prateek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check transaction SM58 in ERP?

maybe there are still being processed there?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk