cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprint of Identity Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Current process in my company for requesting user accounts for new hires for various application accounts is done by paper forms sent through multiple departments and must be authorized by multiple managers and directors.

In the end the form will be scanned multiple number of times until the text is faded and attached to the change request ticket as approval.

This resulted in unnecessary effort and time wasted through out various of departments and just to get through these all over again. Not to mention the same process for changes of the employees within departments and leavers.

Currently, I am planning and constructing the presentation and blueprint of the identity management to be presented to the IT Director. However, the real challenge here is not the technicality of the implemendation but more to level with the senior managers (especially non-technical literate) and share holders (indeed) on the political and bussines side of it though.

Those who have experience in the full implementation could you please let me know on these things:

Compliance with SOX?

Total Cost of Ownership?

How is the license charged?

Any other aspects i must not overlook to embark on a successful identity management project?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't have experience in IdM Projects, but I have a suggestion: Ask your SAP Sales representative.

I think he'll be very grateful to supply you with Sales material / presentation for your purpose. Eventually you make his life easier if YOU try to satisfy your decision makers.

He will also shed light on the TCO thing and answer your license question which will depend on your final IdM landscape, number of users (entities), chosen database, type of connected systems and so on.

The SAP Sales guy will also be able to ask someone else about (the extend of) SOX compliance. Or you wait until someone has an answer.

BR

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers found in SAP IDM FAQs and SAP NW IDM and SBOP Access Control documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the very well managed thread. One seen after a really long time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

You're asking all the right questions in preparing for an Identity Management implementation. In general these solutions are designed to lower TCO and improve compliance with various Security and compliance laws such as SOX, HIPAA, 201 CMR 17, etc.

When last I checked, there was no licensing cost as long as your provisioning targets were SAP systems, but as Michael suggested, check with your SAP Sales person.

Additionally, I would reccomend downloading the whitepapers and technical documentation that you can find on the SAP NW IDM page.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would not be such a problem had all targets were SAP systems but the deal here is to managing the life cycle of users on entire SAP and non-SAP/AD/legacy systems. Pretty much cost is involved i reckon?

I couldn't agree more on what Michael suggested nonetheless had anyone has experience in implementing full-cycle on IDM i would value their thoughts and experience to be shared.

Thanks,

Ahmad

0 Kudos

For the SOX/Compliance aspect have a look at this [document|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-identitymanagement?rid=/library/uuid/700190af-5512-2d10-18bf-b61dc4677e29]. It also provides insight into the TOC aspect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael. That is one informative documents.

Pretty much my questions have been answered by SAP NetWeaver Identity Management FAQ on SDN.