cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SAP systems in MSCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to install an ECC 6.0 and a CE in a cluster MSCS of two nodes.

I've found the SAP documentation "Installation of Multiple SAP Systems in MSCS: Oracle" but the doc version is 03/30/2007. Could you please tell me wether there is a new version of this document? or where can I find more documentation about this?

Is it recommended to create a domain between the cluster nodes? We're going to have 3 MSCS clusters with two systems in each cluster, should I create a domain for the three clusters, one domain per cluster or no domain at all?

Thanks and regards,

Ana.

Edited by: systems2111 on Feb 3, 2010 9:46 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh,

The scenario is the following:

- MSCS between ECC and CE.

- MSCS between Solution Manager and nothing.

- MSCS between Websphere and SAP Business Objects

Every MSCS has two machines. for example, ECC will run on one machine, CE oon the other machine and in case of problems the cluster will run the ECC in the CE node.

I don't know if I have explain myself, but, anycase, please ask me with your doubts.

Regards,

Ana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be possible technically but, personally, I think it is a bad idea.

We use MSCS clusters for critical production systems.

If the system is critical, we don't want to share the hardware with another system.

A problem from one system can impact the 2nd system on the same hardware...

The management would also be much more complex and so much more prone to human errors...

This is a company choice.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

Yes you can go ahead with multiple cluster on single domain and you specify the possible owners for individual resources in the cluster.

Few more suggestion like, if you want to go for centralized approach then go for one domain else you can install a individual domain for each cluster for distributed environment.

Can you please provide some light on multiple system scenario. so that I can comment clearly on this.

Regards,

Shailesh