Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance / Long run time for opening SNP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO'ers!

I hope you can help me out here!

From time to time we are experiencing very long run times for opening SNP planning books.

In one observation it took 12 minutes to open the planning book, after which we got the message "581.990 objects generated for master data queue 2".

Any idea? Could it be a table, which keeps growing, and which should be emptied from tim to time?

Best regards,

Anders Thinggaard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

The issue is due to long processing of master data changes/ queues during opening of the planning book. You can maintained the required parameters for queue processing in the user settings to ensure the performance is better. I would suggest you refer to * SAP Note 928972 - Don't check master data changes in SNP interactive planning* . It gives all the details of root causes and setting of paramters for improving the performance.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Gaurav Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guarav

Thank you for your input on the root cause of my problem. It was very informative.

Regarding a solution I will prefer going for a solution where I minimize the risk of master data inconsistencies.

Best regards,

Anders

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Thanks for the help so far.

It seemed that our problem was solved by scheduling this program to run once a minute.

However we still occasionally see these long run times when going from one planning book to another within the same planning area (today we experienced over 900.000 master data objects processed).

Do you know what triggers this massive amount of master data objects to be processed?

Could this be a question of sizing of databases or similar?

PLease help me, as this is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Best regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anders,

I recommend you to use SAP Quick Sizer which will give you information about approx size of servers & database.

Because you may be processing more Product Location combination where as the hardware is not capable enough.

Also see the number of dialog processes you have. if these are less system will take more time.

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anders ,

Planning Book takes so much time to open is due to thousands of queue enteries . This problem can be eliminated by runing a simple program scheduled every 5-15 seconds in process chain . the program name is /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_QUEUE_UPDATE

It really helped us in process improvement. thisprogram has no side effects so dont think of any problem in your system. and also share the feedback.

Hope this helps you

Regards'

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

Thanks, I will test this!

Could you please be a bit more specific on what the mentioned program actually does?

I would like to understand this issue in dept.

Best regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anders,

when ever you open a Planning book the sytem tries to push in all the queue enteries generated by changing of diffrent data.

If you dont run this program it takes its own sweet time when you open a Book. where as this program pro-actively updates the queue which reduces time in accessing a planning book

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

Running that program indeed fixed the issue. Thanks!