Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Start/Stop PI Server

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

According to note number 941951, standard stop/start PI server we are following. the stop procedure is OK but when start procedure we are doing by making the parameters into start mode and when we start the respective file system to process files from FTP to PI the PI system is deliberately throwing an error at SM 59 JCO connection and related RFC are going to "maximum connections exceeded to 100" then when we do the SMICM i.e., again if we restart the java engine the system is going to be in normal mode. Why the system is behaving like.

One observation I can say During stop and start procedure we are updating the integration engine configuration parameter, ENTRY_LOCK as 0 and 1 as mentioned in the note. May it is effecting our normal start procedure. Like after starting PI system explicitly again we have to do the SMICM for restart of the PI system because again this parameter will take in effect.

Please share your experience about the start/stop PI procedure during the file system backup for every month.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure, why you are using ENTRY_LOCK for startup/stop procedure for regular maintenance.

I suggest, you control the Communication Channel to ensure messages flow stop/start accordingly your system maintenance window.

let me know if this is feasible to your environment but certainly we can work further.

Regards

Sekhar

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sekhar,

Thanks for the reply,

certainly it requires because our landscape we are not maintaining any quality credentials so during the change window even we informed to the concerned departments also they may chance of sending the messages to the middle ware as we have many heterogeneous file senders so we have to use this ENTRY_LOCK parameter.

Any way I concluded that after changing this parameter, ENTRY_LOCK the system needs a restart. The same I asked at forum. So now I am asking, is the restart required?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Closing the thread. I got this, check the SAP note step by step where applicable