Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONNAVIGATE event of Message Area

andy_dingfelder3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

today i´ve got a question concerning the message area UI element. On my view I´ve one oif this. What I want to do now is to react on the ONNAVIGATE event.

I thought this event is triggered everytime the user clicks a message which is displayed as a link? But unfortunatley the event handler isn´t processed.

Anybody knows when this event occurs? Could it be that the message ha to be a specific type?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

Edited by: Andy Dingfelder on Feb 3, 2010 9:31 AM

In the meantime i´ve found a parameter for the REPORT_ATTRIBUTE_MESSAGE method of the message manager called ENABLE_MESSAGE_NAVIGATION. Setting this value to true seems to have no effect. The event ONNAVIGATE still isn´t triggered.

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find an example in the system in the WDR_TEST_MSG_AREA component in Test onNavigate Action of MessageArea.

andy_dingfelder3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for your response. I just had a look at hthis example but couldn´t find a method handling with the ONNAVIGATE event.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the same component check the last view TESTCASE5, it has event for onNavigate

andy_dingfelder3
Participant
0 Kudos

> For the same component check the last view TESTCASE5, it has event for onNavigate

The view TESTCASE5 doesn´t exist on our system. It seems that this view comes with EhP1 which we haven´t installed..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be possible..

what they were doing in that view is raising a t100 message with method report_attribute_t100_message with parameter enable_message_navigation = abap_true.

Then on click of message event onNaviagte will be triggered which has code something like this

data l_message type if_wd_message_manager=>ty_s_message.

l_message = wd_this->message_manager->get_message_for_id( message_id ).

Here they were fetching the details of message which was clicked on, you can write your own logic.