cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availibility Check for trading goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I am trying to raise a free of charge sales order for a trading material.The availiability check fails for this material and I am unable to raise a sales order.

On checking the availiability check at material master level , the check is set to batches.I want to create a sales order for this trading good.

Please let me know the steps to be taken so that the material is avaliable and I can proceed further to create an order.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christino,

You have nothing to do with material master record, you can use the same material for both the stuff such as your normal trading sales and Free of charge sales, check with sales document type, Define Procedure For Each Schedule Line Category and Determine Procedure For Each Delivery Item Category.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy.Thank you for teh response...But it is not the material that I am asking for.

I want to raise a sales order for a trading good for which availibility check is failing.So how could I avoid this error of availibility check so that I can succesfully raise a sales order?

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In your sales order see what is the schedule line category is maintained?

In VOV6 make sure the Availibility Check is switched on for that schedule line category

In your sales order see what is the Requirement type is determined in the procurement tab?

In OVZH see what is the requirement class is assigned to your requirement type

In OVZG see whether Availibility Check is actvated for your requirement class

If Availibility Check is activated at both Requirement class and schedule line category level then make sure in MMR you maintain checking group as 01 or 02 like that

and also in OVZ9 whether for 01or 02 and checking rule A check whether control parameters are maintained

Only these things control the Availibility Check

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramanathan,

The main question here is how can I make the material available now for the sales order?Is there any way I can do it in the system?

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

how can I make the material available now for the sales order?
Is there any way I can do it in the system?

I am not clear on your requirement

Does this mean that your sales order is created with confirmed qty as 0 ?

If at your requirement class and schedule line level if the availibity check is not activated in configuration and a sales order is created with confirmed qty as 0

then most propably now if you activate the availibity check in configuarion at both requirement class and schedule line level now and try to do a manual Availibility Check for that sales order in VA02 mode usually system will not take it (but not sure )

But you can try this Activate Availibility Check in config and then do a Availibility Check at VA02 mode

If system is not updating (most propably it will not ) then close the sales order either reject or delete and create a fresh order

Availabilty check is mainly controlled by the factors mentioned in the first post

What is your issue exactly

Regards

Raja

Answers (0)