cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Lookup Tranport to QA and PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have used Sravya's code to lookup for a Ztable within SRM with some customizations. Its a nice blog very helpful.

Question is all the connection parameters to the SRM box are coded in the UDF.

Now if i have to transport this to QA and PROD do i have to change the mapping in the QA and PROD or is there any other alternative?

Thanks,

Tiru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Otherwise u can connect to XI for getting connection parameters which can be used dynamically.But here u make 1 rfc call to get the connection paramaters from z table in xi and call RFC in SRM for look up..!..Property file is the best option...!...either for lookups or JCO..or use mapping lookup API..using thz blog..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/15/xi-rfc-mapping-lookups-from-bc-to-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is another blog, that explains how to use properties files. This could be an option to put your parameters into a properties file so you just jave to adjust the properties file and not the mapping.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/06/07/property-file-a-smart-use-in-xi-context

An alternative is also to use the SAP Mapping Lookup API, where you would write an RFC that encapsulates the SQL call to the table and call the RFC from within the mapping. In the mapping you will just need to give an RFC communication channel which you can name the same way in each system, so you do not need to do any adjustments at all.

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-code-samples... mapping lookups rfc api.pdf

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine -

The alternative that you mentioned. Right now i have a RFC called "RFC_READ_TABLE" which is being called from the UDF.

If i have table in SRM, will this case be still possible.

Right now i have a RFC which reads this table - (RFC_READ_TABLE) in SRM.

Should we create the RFC cc XI?

That's what you meant?

Thanks,

Tiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tiru,

no, you do not need to create that RFC in XI. The only question is, how you call it. Calling it the way you do using JCO will need some configuration in each environment. So you said, you might need to change your mapping or find another way to maintain this environment specific info.

Another way is to use the Lookup API SAP provides, which allows you to use an RFC Channel from the Directory to be used in the lookup, so you will not need to change the mapping but only your channel in the dirtectory. If you create that channel under a service let's say "DataLookup" and the channel "SRM_RFC_Receiver", you will put this two constants in your UDF and then configure the service and channel in each instance.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One round about way is to find the system Id of the XI system you are working on. depending whether it's dev/Q/prod, you can give userId and password for the corresponding application system.

Depending on where the RFC is geting triggered from it will use the corresponding login details.

Though this is not the right approach.

The best way would be to create the RFC lookups using the RFC adapter. This will avoid any hard coding in the code.

Regards

Vijaya