cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide columns in a table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

is there a way out there in which the user can hide/unhide certain columns in the table similar to bex query? someone mention using checkboxes with visibility conditions ...

i tried this but i couldnt find the visibility condition for individual columns

has anyone implemented this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J,

yes this is successfully implemented. here the visibility is controlled by using the "Hidden" option present in display properties.

Here you can specify the formula for showing or hiding the field based on the checkboxes in a form.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah, the checkboxes with the hide condition is the way to go for now it seems.

is ther a more elegant solution for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would create table toolbar button(s) to toggle a data store boolean field value and base the column display (hidden) formula on this data store value.

Enhancing this further you could trigger a popup from the button and include checkboxes for all of the columns and the user could configure the column display here inside the popup. You would need to pass the checkbox values back to corresponding data store fields in the main iview and base display formulas on these values as above. Hope this makes sense. This way all of the table display configuration could be hidden from the user unless they click on the button. This may be a bit more elegant...?

Regards

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Adam

yeah, sounds like good idea. I'm for it.

Answers (0)