cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proxy errors and questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Can any one give me the complete guid on proxies ( client and server), like what are the possible errors occur in proxies and FAQ's asked on proxies.

I have searched the sdn regarding this got information to some extant but still to get much more.

Thanks,

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I have tried to cover some of the errors.

a) If any funcation module/program which is executing through proxy (Inbound Scenario) is in error then message may go into error ex: If a functional module called through proxy and it has given exception.

b) If one message in error then the preceding message in that queue (SXI_MONITOR) will be in waiting status.

c) If there is no connection with SLD then SPROXY transaction will show error.

d) If structure in XI changed then proxy should be regenerated.

e) It is advised that do not use Submit program directly in PROXY code instead pass data to function module.

f) If you are calling any standard transaction first validate all data so particular transaction will not fail due to data error.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer page-23 of this document:

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000659947&_OBJECT=01100035870000590903...

Need S-user to access it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ARJUN,

Nice to hear from you,"SEARCHED IN SDN ".

pls let me know what you want more on this??

for error handling , we need to write code in Proxy class only,ABAP proxies use falut messages,implement method for fault messages Server Proxy.

Coming to JAVA Proxies,use standard mechanism like using expcetions statement(JAVA Standards),try and catch block.to catch exceptions.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks of response

I dont have s-user id and password. <Read Rules of Engagement>

Raja Sekhar i know the steps to configure client and server proxies, but i want the different errors we get and faq's asked on proxy scenarios.

Thnanks,

arjun

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Feb 3, 2010 12:51 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
DO NOT ask to communicate via email/ personal contact. It is against forum rules.

To generate a S-user for yourself follow the mentioned procedure:

Do you have a valid SAP XI/ PI system installed? If yes, then login to SAP GUI --> System --> Status --> Installation number .... with this Installation Number you can create a S-user id for yourself.... inform your superior before creating it .... he/ she might have already done it for you

Regards,

Abhishek.