cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP;-QM- automatic coa generation triggered after ud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gyes,

I am seraching for automatic generation of Certificate of analysis when the UD is created for inspcetion lot. can any one help me ?

i seen from se37 function module list. i am not getting the function module which could trigger once the ud is done then this functionl i want to take as follow up action.

with lots of thanks in advance,

Kareena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The UD can not trigger a COA via standard SAP COA functionality. COA's are done usually at either the time of picking the delivery, or when the PGI is done on the delivery. The other option is to mannualy create a COA via the QC21,22 transactions.

You could possibly use a follow-up action to produce a COA at the time of the UD but you would have to do all the custom code and it could be quite extensive if you want you the same process that SAP does, i.e. using the COA profiles and all their related functionality. If you just want a simple generic report of the inspection results with minimum data you should be able to have a follow-up action generate that. You might look at modifying the QM inspection results report SAP script for your purposes and having the follow-up action print that at the time of the UD.

Why do you want this at the time of the UD? Usually COA's are set up with specific customer information that you can't know until the you have delivery that specifies the customer.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

The alternative u suggested if i use follow up action to generate COA & Print.correct me if i am wrong i need to copy some follow up up action say mail & need to attach a functiuon module to the followup action. that function module must be such that it could pull the coa form & print it . right?. in such case where can i get this function module?.

regards,

Kareena

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is nothing provided by SAP that you could use. I would suggest you have an ABAP'er look at the standard COA print processing programs and adapt them for use by the follow-up action. Primarily you would have to delete/comment out/bypass any code that relates to the delivery information and customer since you wouldn't have that information at the time of the UD.

You'd also have to modify the SAPscript layout set to be used in the COA profiles to work with the limited info you'll have available at the time of the UD.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might be better off creating special Inspection report for this requirement and have the techs print out the inspection report.

Craig