cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM Role Export with multiple languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issues where role download program /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES exports the roles with all text languages included (if the role was maintained in multiple languages).

Then when I mass import the roles into ERM (AC 5.3 SP10), the upload program gives an "unknown error." After several hours of testing I figured out that that eliminating all but one of the multiple role language texts in main role file will allow the roles to be uploaded sucessfully.

It seems that the function module /VIRSA/RE_BAPI_DOWNLOAD_ROLES should be changed to include a language parameter.

Anybody ever have this problem?

Thanks, Dylan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found a workaround for this issue, I'm posting it for posterity then will close this post within a couple of days. I would appreciate to know if anyone has run into this issue too, it can't just be me?!

First, the download of the main role text file from /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES stores the file as ANSI text type. At least that is how my Windows PC opens it. IF the role was maintained in mulitple languages with special language characters like ü, ô, ê, é, è, à, ò, ä, ö, then GRC AC 5.3 SP10 ERM gives me an "unknown error" when trying to do the mass import. To fix this issue, simply save the file as text type "UTF-8" or anything but ANSI. The ANSI seems to work fine for plain english.

Second, roles with multiple language versions get all the languages squished together in the long description. I had one role with a Japanese, English, German, French and Italian long description BUT each maintained in it's own language. During the upload, all were imported into ERM and grouped together in one ugly text.

I fixed this (although not ideally) by modifying Function Module /VIRSA/RE_BAPI_DOWNLOAD_ROLES used during the download:

The code change is as follows:

SELECT * FROM AGR_TEXTS APPENDING TABLE i_agR_TEXTS WHERE AGR_NAME

"#EC CI_GENBUFF

*{ REPLACE SIDKxxx

• in r_agr_name.

in r_agr_name

and spras eq 'E'. "download only English

*} REPLACE

Then, the 1000+ roles uploaded successfully without issues.

I realized after that OSS Note 1260773 covers explains this similarly.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dylan,

I have not faced this issue as I always store GRC AC files in UTF-8.

Remember, all the components of AC don't like anything other than UTF-8.

I will look at the language issue when I will be doing multi-language testing.

Regards,

Alpesh