cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

When create MIC,there is Copy mode,Incomplete copy model & Ref CHAR.what is the purpose of this & in real what should be used?.Where does it have the impact?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. When you dont want to give the tolerance limits and other data at the time of MIC creation and want to give it at the time of inspection plan creation, use "Incomplete copy model".

2. When you want to give the tolerance limits and other data at the time of MIC creation,use "Complete copy model".(here you can change the limits while insp plan creation also)

3. If you use "Reference char",you will have to give the tolerance limits and other data at the time of MIC creation and difference here is, suppose you used this MIC in say 10 different insp. plans, and in future if you changed the data in MIC, at the same time, data in all the 10 insp plans will also be changed automatically.(here you can not change the limits while insp plan creation)

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

During implementation which one is the prefered one,so that i dont end in any problem?.Pl recommend

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its all depend on your business requirement.

If in your business there is lot of same type of test data with different limit then in this case you can suggest create 1 MIC with incomplete copy model and change at IP level as per requirement. ex if you have Wt as quantitative MIC, if your business test Wt for all diff material but Wt has different range for diff material then you can create this incomplete copy model. If you always going to measure in some given range but this range is different for diff material then you can use complete copy model. If you have very dew test data and if you don't want to change at IP level then you can use ref. MIC, but all depend on business requirement. So discuss with business peopel and understand req.

hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Iam nor clear with this.

The client has wt as characterstics for one material, the range is 10 to 15,for next it is 20 to 25,for the third it is 30 to 35.If i create weight as MIC.Then i should have 3 Mic AS WEIGHT1,WEIGHT2 & WEIGHT3 or i can play around with Weight MIC itself?

pl help

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client has wt as characterstics for one material, the range is 10 to 15,for next it is 20 to 25,for the third it is 30 to 35.If i create weight as MIC.Then i should have 3 Mic AS WEIGHT1,WEIGHT2 & WEIGHT3 or i can play around with Weight MIC itself?

If you ask me it's always beeter to have either complete or Reference copy model in the MIC.It helps you in better upload.

Secondly Always better to created three MIC's WEIGHT1,WEIGHT2 & WEIGHT3 rahther than playing with one since it will help you to keep better conntrol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In simple terms

incomplete copy model: Means system will not ask control indicator while creating MIC.contrl ind will be asked during task list creation.

Copy model: System will ask control indicators iwhile creating MIC itself, But you can change them after used them in Task list.

Ref model: Means you can not change contrl ind in the task list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I dont see any control indicators in task list?

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create 1 MIC as Wt and assign to inspection pla.

Now go to inspction char. level of inspection plan. Now select Wt MIC and go to "Quan. Data" button. Here you can assign your required range as per material.

Thanks!!!