cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables and alternatives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to print a whole bunch of material information in a customer form (non-interactive).

I only transfer one single table to the form as an input parameter.

In that table, I have a field "A" on which I need to decide whether I have to print field "B" or "C"

as a very simple alternative. In total I have 12 of these alternatives.

I added a "loop" on the table to the context and see the fields in the corresponding structure.

I created an alternative below that structure accordingly to my needs (at least I created the decision for "true" based on field "A")

Now I want to add the field "B" to the "True" alternative. But the only way to do that is by using method "single record".

All other options do not give me a chance to add that field.

But reading that record again (and 11 times for all the alternatives) is just silly and I cant believe that this is the only solution.

Could anyone give me a hint how to do it correctly?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is easy, you´ll create a table of materials and for each row of the table set (on Pagination tab) top of next page (to do the page break). I think you´re doing good and am ready to help anytime:)) Keep going, Otto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the best options are:

1) do everything in your backend ABAP coding and do not care about that any more

2) leave that for the form, use in-form scripting (JavaScript/ FormCalc)

but you´ve chosen this "man in the middle" - alternatives. I have never used them in production and they´re not really transparent for the next developer working on your forms. And IMHO it is not good for you 12 branches. I can recommend you to switch to 1) or 2). If you need any further details, feel free to ask:))

Regards, Otto

p.s.: start with scripting here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/es/FormCalc.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

thanks for the answer! Before closing the thread I would like to come back to your offered help

Reading the scripting manual my idea is that I could simply print everything into that form and then decide via scripting which objects to show.

Is that what you also do and recommend?

My issue is that I have to print, lets say multiple forms in one step. Each material (a single line in my deep structured table) is a form but we cant ask the user to print each single material. They need to print usually 10 to 20 materials and "press...wait...save...press...wait...save..." is a no-go.

The whole solution is about quality inspection lots on materials in a very nice layouted form for our customers for auditing purposes that might later be interegrated into the customer self service. Simplicity in handling and beauty are the requirements.

Actually its the first time working with ADOBE forms after our switch to NetWeaver and from your answer I can see that I have to get away from my sapscript concepts and apply logic where logic is now due. I just have done it to the interface and context. Not having touched the ABODE form builder yet there might be really more than meets the eye and I might ask for additional time on that task, haha!

Thanks Otto for the good answer!

If you could confirm that my scripting idea is ok from your point of view its very appreciated and I will then close the call.

Regards, Frank

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reading the scripting manual my idea is that I could simply print everything into that form and then decide via scripting which objects to show. Is that what you also do and recommend?

=====> yes, that is the fastest and probably most used solution ever in Adobe forms:))) Use scripting for object presence change (visible, hidden) and in rare cases for some other things but avoid it every time you can.

Hint_1: learn to use app.a_l_e_r_t("test") (cannot write it right, because it disturbs this pages logic), which will give a popup saying "test". Use that for fast debugging.

Hint_2: if you script something "tricky", create a form in SAP, display it as a preview, save it on disk, open it with standalone LCD (no SAP involved) and debug it this way. LCD without SAP is faster, more reliable and you can test everything in a second.

Question: Maybe your task is tricky or my English is weak... do you need one big form or ten small forms based on a single template? If (b) is right, check the manual for Adobe forms technllogy customizing, like optimalization for a bunch of forms or caching etc.

You´re welcome with your questions. We (I) help beginners:))

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

just gave you 6 points to keep the thread open...

Generally I need 10 small forms. One for each single material.

We have an interface (WebDynpro) where the customer sees those material he bought.

But the customer usually gets more than one material in a delivery. Usually 10-20 materials are shipped using one delivery.

The requirement is that we have one single PDF file for each delivery. So the form for each material is always the same and gets repeated to contain multiple materials. We simply do not want to have 10-20 single PDF files.

So each material is generally one form. After each material (new line in the table) a page break needs to be done and then the next material gets processed using the same form layout like the last one.

If you have a better solution than mine - appreciated!

Eigentlich brauchen wir 10 Formulare basierend auf einem Template. Eines für jedes Material.

Wir haben ein WebDynpro Interface, dass die Lieferungen an den Kunden anzeigt. Eine Lieferung umfaßt i.d.R. 10-20 Materialien.

Die Anforderung lautet aber, dass für jede Lieferung nur eine PDF Datei mit den QM Ergebnissen erzeugt wird.

Insofern war mein Ansatz eine Tabelle mit den Materialen (mit Subtabellen für die QM Daten).

Über die loope ich rüber und erhalte nacher eine einzige PDF Datei mit allen Daten. Nach jedem Material (jede neue Zeile der tabelle) brauche ich einen Seitenumbruch, und dann kommt das neue Material und das Formula wiederholt sich.

Wenn es da noch bessere Ideen gibt - immer her damit!

Regards, Frank