Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing of Child Components on Pro Forma(F8) Invoice

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

In a Sales Order, after the BOM explosion, Parent and child components are visible with their prices and net values. However in the F8 Invoice, Parent is showing its price but the child components are showing Zero price in net value field.

How to reflect the price of children in net value field in F8 Invoice.

Regards

Waz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waz,

Usually you either price at the parent level or at the component level but not both. This would double up your price if you did both. However, You control pricing at the item category level in config by setting the pricing field on the detail of the item category. In your case, since this appears inconsistent, It might be failing a pricing requirement. I would put a breakpoint in the ppricing requirement assocaited to the condition type that derives a price to determine why it is failing when creating an F8.

Matt

Edited by: Matthew Menzies on Feb 2, 2010 4:27 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard while exploding BOM the price will be applicable either at the main item level or at the sub items level.

For this purpose we are using the item category as "TAN" for main item levels and TANN as sub item levels which is the standard item category for free-of-charge.

If you maintain the price for these two levels then the price will be getting doubled.

And you are telling that price is getting appeared at both levels in order and you want the same in invoice also.We can control this by using the copy control.

Goto the t.code "VTFA".Select your valid combination.Double click on item.Select your item category.Details.

Maintain the Pricing type as "D" and price source as "blank".

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Thanks for your prompt response. Actually we want to show price of children instead of parents and then with the help of routine we will roll up the price of children to form the price of parent component. Currently children are showing zero in front of them. The solution you mentioned was not working. Can you plz suggest some possible solutions or guidelines.

Thanx

Waz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waz,

As you might know that are two types BOM item category group in SD one is ERLA and LUMF. In ERLA the pricing will happen at the Parent Level and LUMF item category group the pricing will happen at the Child level. So just check for parent which item category group has been assigned.

I hope below will also help

The item category group of the BOM items is u2018ERLA/LUMFu2019 and the item category is u2018NORMu2019.

1) For the BOM to be exploded in the sales document the following customizing setting is required.

A) If the item category group is ERLA the item category of the BOM is TAQ, in the definition of which we have to specify the value A (Explode single level BOM) in the structure scope.

B) If the item category group is LUMF the item category of the BOM item is TAP in the definition of which we have to specify the value A in the field structure scope.

2) If the item category group is LUMF the system shows price for the components but not for the BOM item. For this the following customizing setting is required.

A) The item category of the BOM item is TAP which is not relevant for pricing, so the BOM item is not Priced.

B) The item category of the components is TAN which is relevant for pricing, so the components are priced

3) If the item category group is ERLA the system shows price for the BOM item but not for components. For this following customizing setting is required.

A) The item category of BOM item is TAQ, which is relevant for pricing, so the BOM is priced.

B) The item category of components is TAE which is not relevant for pricing, so the components are not priced.

ITEM CATEGORY DETERMINATION FOR BOM ITEM

Regards,

Sreekanth

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth

Thanks for such a detailed response. I am enlightened by it. However I wanted to tell you that we are not using standard Item Category group LUMF or NORM. We are using a Item category group which is similar to LUMF and item categories which are Z copies of TAP and TAN. ( one for BOM Item and one for its component ) as this requirement is for a special scenario and we didnt want to break the rest of process.

The requirement I am refering to is about the Pro forma invoice. On the sales order , the Z item categories are working fine. The price of components roll up to form the price of BOM item and all the prices are visible on the Sales Order ( bom item and its component). Now I want to replicate that for the Pro Forma. Means it should show the price of components on Pro forma invoice. Currently only BOM item price is shown on pro forma. I am looking into VTFL as we create invoice from Delivery.

Can you suggest any possible solution(s).

Thanks

Waz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WAZ,

I am new to sap world but i think you neeed to check the pricining releivence at the item category of sub item and copy control for sub item category is there what pricing type has been assigned please check DF to f8 item categories you have used.

item category in delivery and billing item category if order base billing please check the copy control for the or to f8 for billing item ategory

2. please check the f8 billing type configration.

please veryfy and then impliment as i am new to group

regrd's

Gajanan