cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive table control in Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I am trying to create an interactive table control with header. The table control will have 10 rows, and I want the users to be able to enter values into the table.

I created a new node with cardinality 0...n; and added attributes under it. The I dragged that onto my design view and made duplicate entries of the rows to get 10 rows under the header.

Now the issues I am having are

1) The table is not visible in preview Pdf; I tried to save and activate the form, but still appears to be invisible

2) For some strange reason the table control in adobe forms is not as flexible as the one in webdynpro, where it is easier to bind the fields and send / recieve data from the interface.

~thanks and appreciate any comments.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when your cardinality is 0..n you won't see it in preview mode.. you need to launch it from your dynpro & you will see it.

Also, if you know you're going to have 10 rows all the time, why not make the cardinality 1...n?

Nevertheless, I personallly wouldn't create the table in this method.

I would create the table in Web dynpro, add a column called "SeqNo" or whatever and pre-populate that field with 1 - 10. When you drag/drop your table from your Data View, just rt-click that column and hide it so your users won't see that field.

You'll have 10 rows displayed to the user each time and you won't worry about having to bind anything since it'll be done automagically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, a side benefit from having a SeqNo field in your table is that you can directly reference the row in Web Dynpro you need by the Sequence number you KNOW you gave it.

Edited by: robert phelan on Feb 2, 2010 8:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you move the table from WD User interface into the design of the form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you create your table in your Context and generate your form/interface, it will appear in your Data View pallette. all you have to do is drag/drop it into your form.

if the table doesn't appear in your Data View pallette, you've done something wrong either in your Context or when generating your interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think i see what you are saying.. you have a table in your WD UI where the user can add entries..

and you want to show that table in your PDF?

if that is correct, you need to create a table in the Context Node that you are passing to your PDF and bind with those table values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers robert;

how do you create a table in a context of WD;

I am hearing this for the first time.

you can create a node / attribute; where does it allow you to create a table?

No, i am not trying to use a table from my WD into form;

I only need the table in the adobe form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Followed the purchase order form tutorial in SFP, and created a node with cardinality 1...n, and copied the rows multiple times to create the table;

Issue resolved