cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write File Action - How to pass User Credentials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using MII 12.0.8. I am using Write File action Block to write a file on MII Server. But i am getting error saying "Not authorised to write files to that folder". The folder has some access restrictions, so only specific users can write the file into that folder. But i didn't find any option in write file action block to pass the user credentials.

Can any one know internally which OS user MII will use while writing files with Write File action Block. If it uses any OS user then we can assign that user to have write permissions to that folder.

Please suggest me on this. Ofcourse we can't allow EveryOne to have write permissions to this folder.

Thanks,

Gowtham K.

Edited by: Gowtham Kuchipudi on Feb 2, 2010 7:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Gowtham,

The MII server uses the SYSTEM user as the account. Make sure that this account has access to the folder location.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The folowing user is used for File System Access. SAPService<SystemID>

Thanks,

Gowtham K.

former_member1231563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

Hope you are doing great.

I am using SAP MII 12.2 and facing similar issues while Writing File into the local server.

When i give the path as "C:/abc/def.xml" i am getting an error "Access Denied".

When i log in to the server i have access to the folder as well.

I tried shared location as well but it gives an error like "Bad Username or Password".

Will you please guide me on this and eloborate what is the SAPService<SystemID> you are talking about.

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

SAPService<SID>. Replace the SID with 3 letter System ID of you MII System. When you install MII this user will be created automatically.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on a client's server, but I do not have rights to see if this is possible for me, but since the SAPService<SID> user is a local user, could I create a share to a network drive and place this user as someone that can read / write to that location?  I can't test it until I have all the necessary access rights to do this, but I figured I should get a faster response from the net.

Answers (0)