Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES Workplace Services access from AJAX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have access to ES Workplace.

Developed an application to access Employee Information Service using AJAX

Connecting to the WSDL with ES Workplace Credentials

Note: Server running this AJAX application is NOT a SAP AS.

Fetching WSDL after authentication to register the Service is fine. So I am able to see the methods and parameters.

But when this gets executed, no response. Looks like it is erroring out on the server side which I have no access to (something like it is an XML error of something not being in the right format).

Am I missing something when accessing it this way?

Please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, you have to authenticate to obtain the wsdl but also to consume it, your ajax application must provide the user/password

in order to be able to consume the web service.

Second, may be it is an interoperability problem, SAP Enterprises services are complex and not all web sevices frameworks on the market are able to consume them.

What do you use to consume the SAP Web service?

You could also provide the error message.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gave up on the initial idea and went with PHP instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilles,

Thanks for your input. I will post the error message shortly. But I have an intermediate question.

I am not too bent on using AJAX for my front-end. What I don't want to do is use Webdynpro or similar technologies because I don't have a lot of control on the Front-end CSS.

What would be your suggestion of a front-end that will work well with ES workplace services and at the same time be CSS friendly.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the SAP world, you can use

BSP in Abap

JSP in AS Java 7.0

JSP or JSF in AS Java 7.1

Outside SAP, there is many options :

.Net

Php

Regards,Gilles.